Author Topic: completely fed up with dogs  (Read 15957 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: completely fed up with dogs
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 09:44:57 AM »
There was a case recently here where someone took a dog owner to court because their dog was barking all the time.
The Court ruled that barking is what dogs do and that the dog has the right to bark.

Not all dogs.

Some dogs bite too, is their right to do so protected by Turkish law?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
This is true - not all dogs. Ones that are trained to bark only if they sense danger and not at every passer by are more effective as guard dogs if that is their purpose. It is how you persuade owners to train their dogs that is the problem.

And if you were a dog chained up day and night you'd probably bark all the time too.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 04:56:34 AM »
As the OP (original poster) I'd just like to say I wasn't complaining about dogs barking (or didn't intend to).     I have no problem with noise in the area at all,  be that dogs, cows , cockerels, jays , owls, the mosque, microlights, mopeds, lorries...... all fine and add to the rich tapestry of the area :-)

My problem is with dogs going mental at passers by.  You can only trust the owner has tied it up properly .... or the string they have tied it up with isn't as knackered as most of the other string used to tie up things here :-)  ... or the loose dogs don't actually decide to take a chunk out of you.      Irrespective of the sound common sense and logic , I for one know it wouldn't add to the enjoyment of my holiday !

As I said, I see my self as a "dog person" .... (don't get me started on cats' on the other hand ...they are just a waste of fur ;-))

Dogs barking "viciously" at passers by is a problem .... and I'm talking innocent people here paying no attention to the property they are passing .... or schoolchildren etc. ...who no doubt build up a dislike for such dogs and the people who allow the behavior. 

Just as a small aside we were walking the other day and I saw a shiny black snake to the side of the path (about 3 or 4  feet long),  It headed straight towards us .. fast !.     We legged it and we let each other get on with our business.     Now that is entirely  fine and THAT is natural.   Burglar deterrent dogs aint

PS I have some pretty good photos of the snake if anyone is interested :-)

Offline angela

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »
"PS I have some pretty good photos of the snake if anyone is interested :-)"

yes please!!

Offline angela

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 11:46:25 AM »
on the subject of dogs etc we are all different and our tolerance for anything can change by the minute/hour /day (mine does anyway!!) I cannot abide loud people in pubs for whom every other word is a four letter expletive regardless of the company, give me a dog anyday, but I can't change it and have to (try to) accept the fact that what is acceptable for many is equally as unacceptable for equally as many!!

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 15:06:50 PM »
your all barking mad  ;D

Offline Rosy

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
my neighbours went to the Belediye because the local goatman has dogs that bark, cockerals that crow, a donkey that wheezes, not to mention goats and sheep. They wanted them removed when they were here for their short holiday breaks. They were reminded firmly that this is a village in Turkey and this is the reality of such., There is common sense that prevails here thank goodness.

Offline kamelia

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2013, 12:37:03 PM »
Rosy, I understand you, but they are also living things and they have right to live
Good luck

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2013, 15:25:02 PM »
 for years we have had to put up with the neighbors dogs barking day and night.
but we were only out on holidays 4 times a year so put up with it.
then they stopped picking up the dog poo and it was left for hours,and days when i asked them to clean it up, because we could not eat outside for all the flies they made a little effort and said there is always flies. i cannot repeat what i said on here
they have both passed now and it is so peaceful no barking and no flies

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2013, 00:14:24 AM »
Rosy, I understand you, but they are also living things and they have right to live
Good luck
Not if they go for your ankles and cause you to fall off your bloody bike. At my age I could have had a heart attack. Exterminate the little yappy gits.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf