Author Topic: Kindle Fire Upload.  (Read 2956 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Kindle Fire Upload.
« on: February 06, 2014, 20:17:18 PM »
Has anyone managed to upload books from laptop or pc to Kindle Fire using Calibre? When I have tried for a friend there is no "SEND TO DEVICE" tab on the top Calibre toolbar. Any advice would be welcome   :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: Kindle Fire Upload.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 22:14:06 PM »
either you need the lead attached to the kindle if it is not sync'd to your PC ?
just a thought.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 22:19:40 PM »
Hi Ken,

Yes I have. Your PC or Laptop (and therefore Calibre) is not picking up your Kindle Fire as an external/portable drive. Try a different USB port or a different USB/Micro USB cable. If that fails and if you can,  try to connect the Kindle to another PC or Laptop to see if that will pick it up. You have to eliminate the possible problems in order to narrow it down to the one that you are experiencing. My best guess would be that you have a poor connection at the Kindle end, heavily used Micro USB portstend to only work when they want to.

If you google "Love My Kindle fire" you will be directed to a forum all about the Kindle Fire. It's free to join and then if you go to the "Tips & Tricks" section there a step by step tutorial on how to do the very thing you are asking about. 

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »
Hi Steve and thanks for the info. My pc is definitely sensing the kindle as an external drive. It seems that Calibre however is not. I'll have a look at the link and see if it sheds any light.
Thanks again    :)

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 13:28:37 PM »
Ken - Have you looked in Calibre Help?  There's a load of information in there about how to force Calibre to pick up a device. Once you've got Calibre to pick up your Kindle Fire then the rest of the process is the same as with any other e-reader.  If all else fails you can transfer books across to the Kindle Fire via the internet - you need an free app on the Kindle but the tutorial on the Fire forum explains all that. I haven't actually tried it that way because I can transfer via a cable and so haven't need to but let us all know how you get on if you have to go down that route.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf