Author Topic: Any New Zealanders living hereabouts?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline bunny4jeff

Any New Zealanders living hereabouts?
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »

As a Kiwi, living in Calis/Fethiye area, I am looking for/wondering if there are any fellow Silver Ferns living in the area, or nestling in the undergrowth as Kiwis often do...The reason I'm asking, is that I have recntly discovered there is a change in the rules covering renewing of a NZ passport. Previously, we were able to use a good friend of the UK variety, to witness our applications. Now, though, it has to be a fellow New Zealand current passport-holder, who has known you for a year min. Passports only last for 5 years, so if you live abroad, as I do, that poses quite a problem, in locating a New Zealander, befriending them, and asking if they would kindly witness your application to renew your passport. Crazy, yes, if you are not domiciled in New Zealand, or there, when you apply. I haven't been back to EnZed for over 30 years to live, as I have married a British citizen (loud cheers??). Which brings me to the point - if there are any New Zealanders living hereabouts or within travelling distance, and you also use a NZ passport, the same will affect you also. Maybe we can help each other out. Otherwise, I will contact the NZ Embassy in Ankara for advice. My current passport expires in 2 years; if I remain in Turkey past its "life" I will be in trouble with Turkey, too! A horrific prospect... :-)
Thank you and I'm sorry to have rambled on (especially if you are not a Kiwi)!
Cheers!

Offline Kiwi

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
Hi fellow kiwi
My name is Paul I will be in Calis on 9 May 11.  If I can help let me know

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 13:20:32 PM »
Hi Paul,
Thank you so much for your kind offer!! We just might ask if we can take you up on that...I have sent you an email.

Cheers,

Jan. 8)

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 15:37:45 PM »
My best mate is a kiwi from napia we both own villas next door to one another in koca calis his name is paul.He will be out in may for 3weeks,i will be out in april for 9weeks.If you need help i know for sure he would do it for you,if you fancey coming over to us and if you email me i can give you my turkish phone number.We come out several times year and always have a supply of fosters and effes in so come and join us for a drink one day,regards micky

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 20:55:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by micky mouse

My best mate is a kiwi from napia we both own villas next door to one another in koca calis his name is paul.He will be out in may for 3weeks,i will be out in april for 9weeks.If you need help i know for sure he would do it for you,if you fancey coming over to us and if you email me i can give you my turkish phone number.We come out several times year and always have a supply of fosters and effes in so come and join us for a drink one day,regards micky

Hi Mickey,
I have a feeling its Kiwi, your friend and neighbour, has already written here :-). It will be great to meet you, and thanks a lot for your offer to help, too! Greatly appreciated, mate! We are leaving on 13th April, back in early May, so we might miss you, but catch Paul. I'll email you.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 21:26:20 PM »
Im out untill the 10th,June and pauls out in may so hopefully we will see you mickey.

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by micky mouse

Im out untill the 10th,June and pauls out in may so hopefully we will see you mickey.

Email sent  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 18:51:17 PM »
I love this post, particularly on a Sunday afternoon, as it reminds me of listening on the radio to Two Way Family Favourites...[^]

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 17:10:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

I love this post, particularly on a Sunday afternoon, as it reminds me of listening on the radio to Two Way Family Favourites...[^]

Glad you like it, usedbustickets, it reminds me of sitting behind someone on the bus :-) hearing the conversation of people in front...lol!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf