Author Topic: 19 year old girl gang raped, but she receives 200 lashes and 6 months in jail  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
 How on earth can the Saudi's do this?  Women certainly have a very raw deal as second class citizens.  It also makes me so mad that her lawyer has also been punished. 
After reading this, I cannot believe any woman in Saudi would now report a rape. >:( :   :) :'(
 http://www.livebuddhism.com/2015/02/19-year-old-gang-rape-victim-to-receive.html

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
This was first published in November 2007. And things haven't changed in Saudi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatif_rape_case

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
How on earth can the Saudi's do this?  Women certainly have a very raw deal as second class citizens.  It also makes me so mad that her lawyer has also been punished. 
After reading this, I cannot believe any woman in Saudi would now report a rape. >:( :    :) :'(
 http://www.livebuddhism.com/2015/02/19-year-old-gang-rape-victim-to-receive.html
  Whilst this is an abhorrent decision, we should keep out of the Justice System of other sovereign nations . I am more interested in, and concerned about what will happen in what USED to be GREAT BRITAIN, if the disgusting, so-called  " charitable " organisation, known as Cage. is allowed to proceed with it's attempts to introduce and enforce a " Caliphate " in OUR country, along with the inevitable Sharia law !! Our politicians do not seem to be aware of just exactly how dangerous this outfit is, or else, they do not care . Again, until we here in the United Kingdom are able to achieve a justice system with proper, strong sentencing, NOT just guidelines, we should leave Saudi Arabia to it's own, barbaric sentencing .

Offline kevinartois

googlebox the asian blokes wheres their women in the kitchen

Offline GordonA

googlebox the asian blokes wheres their women in the kitchen
    Pardon ??

Offline sadler

Have you never seen goggle box Gordon? I suffered it once only, the biggest load of rubbish I have ever seen on TV!  ;D

Offline GordonA

Have you never seen goggle box Gordon? I suffered it once only, the biggest load of rubbish I have ever seen on TV!  ;D
   I have seen it quite often actually, I just cannot understand people's post which have absolutely no punctuation within the content, like the one by Kevinartois  !!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
The Asian father in Gogglebox had a wife who died. One of the sons has a wife and child who do not live their. What the hell this has to do with a poor woman being lashed is beyond me.  I see that the man who was raped by 3 of the men went unpunished. We aren't interfering with Saudi law. Just showing our disgust at the way that women are treated there.

Offline kawasakikid

The Saudi Arabian justice system is akin to the justice system of European medieval countries of over 800 years ago. Fortunately, the vast majority of countries have now moved on, but not unfortunately Saudi Arabia who cling to backward dark age beliefs and systems based firstly upon their nomadic traditions.  This is reinforced with their own fundamentalist, oppressive version of Islam.  As I have mentioned on another recent post, they have and still are, the root cause of those ideals that now flourish in Afghanistan and with ISIS.

What can be done about this sub human punishment on a victim (and her lawyer) of such a brutal crime?

Nothing much it seems.  Currently, it would be a violation of International Law to attempt to interfere in another sovereign states judiciary, even if their legal system is based on one that is over 800 years old and they systematically brutalise and oppress it's people. There can be and there has been exceptions to this law, but that will never happen in this case.

It is interesting that Saudi Arabia (along with other Gulf states and the United States) have not signed up to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).  Almost every other country in the world has. Why should they sign up to such an agreement when the country is effectively a rogue state run by a bunch of religious thugs who trample over peoples and especially, women's rights.

Why therefore, is this country a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council?? My view is that they should be booted off it ASAP.

And why will nothing be done to bring this rogue state into line?

Simples... oil (lots of it) and the huge trade in arms that goes on between it and the west.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Thank you. A sensible answer for once.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf