Author Topic: Solar Panels  (Read 2069 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Solar Panels
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
Just a straw poll here.

How many of us in the UK have them? Who paid for them and who has them under the rent a roof scheme?

Anyone having problems?

We've had them over 5 years and have been mostly pleased with the free electricity under the rent a roof scheme.

The inverter packed in two years ago which was replaced free. I now have some problem with loss of production and they are replacing all my panels today.

The big problem though has been pigeons nesting under them. The mess, noise and risk of infection from mites has ended up with me paying out £540 for pigeon guards fitting. I understand many are having similar problems and I am in touch with a few. Has anyone else had any problems at all?

Cheers

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Solar Panels
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »

I don't have panels in the UK Stoop but just a thought on the pigeons. Garden Centre's ect' sell rolls of fine green plastic

mesh for a few quid, designed to keep  birds off the crops. If this was stretched over the panels it's fine enough not to

interfere with the operation and if you could get a large enough roll to fit over the roof, front to back, you could fit it

yourself (using a bit of ingenuity) and a pair of ladders.          :) 

And if you stretched it over the guttering's it would keep the leaves out too.          ;)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:56:46 AM by kevin3 »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Solar Panels
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 13:40:41 PM »

I don't have panels in the UK Stoop but just a thought on the pigeons. Garden Centre's ect' sell rolls of fine green plastic

mesh for a few quid, designed to keep  birds off the crops. If this was stretched over the panels it's fine enough not to

interfere with the operation and if you could get a large enough roll to fit over the roof, front to back, you could fit it

yourself (using a bit of ingenuity) and a pair of ladders.           :) 

And if you stretched it over the guttering's it would keep the leaves out too.           ;)

Cheers Kevin,

A bit late for me but it might help others who have the same problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf