Author Topic: The swimming pool saga  (Read 12180 times)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
The swimming pool saga
« on: August 10, 2004, 21:59:23 PM »
In May 2004 we ordered a swimming pool,   they started on time and we had a completion date of June 7th ,the pool itself was completed 2 weeks late which was not a major problem, however the cover to the motor room and the clearing of the site is a different matter.
1st the pump room cover   the ironman (Turkish term) came with what can only be described as a monstrosity (3 pieces of scrap metal welded together , covered in rust & painted black) with the biggest hinges you have ever seen in your life protruding an inch upwards. When I phoned Taner the owner of the company informing him that Scunner was coming to a pool party with his children he rushed round (which is a miracle in Turkey) with a piece of scrap plywood to cover said hole. On Monday august 9th the "ironman" returned with another piece of scrap metal (albeit this time with no hinges) and proceeded to install it, after smashing one of my patio tiles after hammering said cover to get it to fit he informed me that he had finished, WELL I have NEVER seen such a dangerous & bad piece of workmanship in all my life, I duly picked up the BOILING HOT (through the heat of the sun) & SCRAPPY piece of metal & threw it over the wall, (it`s a good job the ironman  moved out of the way quickly)  needless to say, we still haven`t got a cover.
2nd the clearing of the site : after asking the owner of the company to clear up the mess (which is quite substantial) I was promised (yet again) that this would be done, I asked again last week (for the 4th time, if not more) and was told that it would be done as soon as he could get somebody to do it (which is funny, because he cleared a friends as it was on a road) needless to say that job has not been completed either.
The name of said company is : Fetkin which are based in fethiye, the owner of the company is Taner Pamukcu.
My advice to anybody wanting a swimming pool built is to steer clear of this company if you want the job finished.

Crabbit  (Dave)

Offline june

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 22:16:49 PM »
Some story Crabbit:(

Enough said I think, don't worry that name is imprinted in my mind.:-\

June

Offline tintin

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »
Sorry to hear your story Crabbit, don't know what you paid and it may well be cheaper than our price, which was £6000 for a pool of 7m x 4m with steps leading into the pool the one end, they also included non slip tiles around the pool, we are well pleased with everything they did and would recommend them to anyone, I know this doesn't help you now, but if at any time you want anymore work doing Raol is the man to see.
Tina

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
The swimming pool saga
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 20:06:22 PM »
Well, i got fed up with waiting for the rubbish to be cleared, so i`ve paid to have it done.
Now all i have to do is get a cover for the pump room.

Crabbit

Offline xanadu

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 11:34:41 AM »
DO NOT USE FETKIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
The owner TANER is teh most dishonest man I have ever met. He did my pool last year and quoted me 7k.

Then he asked for another 1,4k as the digger could not get into my garden and he had to employ 3 men to dig by hand. I know what labour Costs in this country and those men earned no more than 300 quid between them.

I had to pay him 4k up front and every Friday had to meet him at the bank to pay one of 4 final installments and I was called on the phone by him and got abuse if I was late meeting him at the bank.
When I paid my last payment he disappeared without finishing the work, same as Dave no lid for my pump room and no drain to drain the pool.

He then turned up in my garden while I had guests and demanded another 1.5k for extra work he alleged he had done. I went through the roof and my usually placid husband Muko chased him away.

We had to pay another contractor for the work to be finished.
4 months later I got a court letter to say I hadnt paid him the last 4 payments totalling 4.7k and his solicitor turned up in my garden ordering me to pay up, accompanied by 6 men and it was really scarey as my hubby was away.

Now we are still fighting this and I receive letters regularly from his solicitor and the courts, it has been a nightmare from beginning to end.

This man is a nutter and I strongly advise any one not to use him.

Just one point and it is important!!!!!!!!!
WHEN HE FOUND OUT I WAS AN ESTATE AGENT AT THE BEGINNING HE TOLD ME IF I GOT HIM CUSTOMERS HE WOULD PAY ME 2K FOR EACH RECOMMENDATION. IF HE CAN PAY ME THAT AND MAKE A PROFIT FOR HIMSELF WHAT SORT OF MONEY IS HE ADDING ON TOP????????????
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 11:38:37 AM by xanadu »

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 18:07:45 PM »
hi peoples. i know this is a long shot but dont they have anything like our trading standards over there. it would be good for anyone with stories to name and shame these con artists. the calis beach website is great for info on where to go so why not add a section for where not to go??? just a thought. laurie x

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 18:09:41 PM »
if there already is one of these on the site, please excuse my blondeness. i am a new user (and maybe a natural blonde) feel free to laugh at me folks!  :-\

Offline wickwilly

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 22:36:35 PM »
I agree with Tintin above. Raol is the man. and not just for swimming pools. he can arrange all sorts of repairs and new builds. Best of all after the work is finished his team tidy up!!!!

WW

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
The swimming pool saga
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 22:41:42 PM »
wicky, this post is two years old

Offline Mishy

The swimming pool saga
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 23:26:44 PM »
Hi,Tinks I agree if this post is 2 years old why is it still Active

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo