Author Topic: Hippy Chic Jewellery Fethiye.  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Hippy Chic Jewellery Fethiye.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 21:37:27 PM »
Paid a few visits this time and bought some lovely things, also Linda repaired some costume jewellery for me.
Well worth a visit and highly recommended.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
Jacqui, I know you gave directions above but could you tell me from the water taxis please as I'm not sure where you mean as I hardly know the area but this shop sounds great

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 11:53:02 AM »
Hi, Go to the main road where Carrefour is walk passed the taxi rank and cross the road to the one way street which has a zebra crossing right at the beginning, this street has  all the Banks and the two entrances to Paspatur.  Go up the one way Street on the left hand side pass Dikmans Jewellery and keep walking pass the Fortis Bank and the next corner there is a cafe with tiny chairs and tables outside turn up this road and Hippy Chic is around the corner next to the cafe and right opposite the Mulberry Tree Cafe.
Also if you like jewellery go into the first entrance to Paspatur on the one way street where the zebra crossing is.  There is a shop called Saman just on the right about 5 shops in that sells ethnic clothes and has the most amazing range of handmade jewellery.  Gursu is usually on the front step making jewellery.  Asiye will be inside sellling it.  I now have 30 of their hand made bracelets in every colour, ever one is different, and they will custom make them for you.
This time I also bought four bracelets and a lovely long skirt and a pair of wide leg trousers that are great for evenings, very cool.
Say hello to Linda & Yacoub at Hippy Chic and Gursu and Asiye at Saman from me... I will be back soon.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 12:39:09 PM »
Thanks Jacqui - I can picture where you mean now!

Offline CocknioDicanio

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 16:26:32 PM »
My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary the day after we leave Calis so I'm in the market for a nice piece of  pearl jewellery.

Can anybody please advise me :
a) if I can buy quality pearl jewellery in Fethiye / Calis or anywhere in the Dalaman region
b) if it's good value or should I buy it in the UK before I go on the holiday

Many thanks

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 17:53:33 PM »
do your research before you come- identify your price range and what is available before you come and then research whilst you are here and see what you can get them down to- good luck.

Offline CocknioDicanio

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird
do your research before you come- identify your price range and what is available before you come and then research whilst you are here and see what you can get them down to- good luck.

Thanks Gorgeous but can you tell me if the quality is on a par with what I can buy in the UK ? I'm  looking to buy a quality piece of jewellery up to £150  

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »
You should maybe have started a new topic for this, as Hippy Chic is costume jewellery.  Problem in Turkey is that they never have prices on anything and you will have to go in and haggle at any Jewellery Shop.  Don't mention how much you have to spend, although £150.00 may not be deemed a lot for a quality necklace, ring or bracelet in gold with pearls, and they don't seem to sell brooches in the Jewellery shops in Turkey.  
Personally, I would check my local Auction House they have really good jewellery bargains.  I have bought well at Auction and paid a lot less than in Jewellery Shops. Also a lot of Jewellery dealers buy from Auctions.

Offline CocknioDicanio

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
Thanks Jacqui  :)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »
that said, some of the designs in Turkey are fabulous - very different to those available in the UK.  I have always found excellent quality pieces for the price I am willing to pay.  But I'm a typical woman......if I like it and can afford it, it doesn't always matter if I am getting the best deal - I've got to have it !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf