Author Topic: Watch Battery Rip-off  (Read 1881 times)

Offline AnneandTerry

Watch Battery Rip-off
« on: May 03, 2011, 15:39:57 PM »
Tried in two "genuine fake" watch shops in Passpatur to have a new battery fitted into my husband's watch.   Both said they couldn't do it and gave us directions to a very small "watch service" shop on the one-way system, past Pasa Kebab and Ali Yildiz furniture shop.
Last time we had a battery fitted into the same watch, a few years ago admittedly, it cost TL2.   This time it was TL10 and, strangely enough, the assistant, from the first shop we had been in, came in while the work was being done, to claim his commission perhaps, or am I being too cynical?!!   Be warned!

Offline littlereddevil

Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 20:42:44 PM »
We always get our batteries from a wee hut. They are 2.50ytl and the other day that included a repair! There are two huts, one charges tourist prices, one doesn't. The one who does is close by Mosaic Bahce and the other one is just a short walk along, behind the Saray.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:41:29 AM by littlereddevil »

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 23:40:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by littlereddevil

We always get our batteries from a wee hut. They are 2.50ytl and the other day that included a repair! There are two huts, one charges tourist prices, one doesn't. The one who does is close by Mosaic Bahce and the other one is just a short walk along, behind the new Bursa and I forget the name of the restaurant on the corner with the smelly toilets. Just right behind a tiny wee hut.

I'm suprised the toilets smell if everyone wee's in the wee hut.:D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 04:34:52 AM »
Went into Funda Watch in Fethiye for a new watch battery for my non fake watch and on enquiring the price was told "No Charge, that is all part of the service....you bought the watch here" even though that was three years ago![^]

Offline AnneandTerry

Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »
We obviously got it completely wrong - will remember next time.   Thanks for the info.

Offline posleeds

Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by AnneandTerry

We obviously got it completely wrong - will remember next time.   Thanks for the info.

No Anne - thanks for starting the thread & yes you were probably right - commission, commission, commission  ;).....I wouldn't have had a clue how much watch batteries are.....if I need one & they ask for 10TL I will go elsewhere.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 19:39:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Went into Funda Watch in Fethiye for a new watch battery for my non fake watch and on enquiring the price was told "No Charge, that is all part of the service....you bought the watch here" even though that was three years ago![^]

That's my experience of Funda too. They've also repaired the bracelet twice at no cost.

Offline newcastle

Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 19:53:18 PM »
Have used Funda Watch many times over the years. Great service. Never a problem.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Watch Battery Rip-off
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 20:11:51 PM »
Where can I watch it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf