Author Topic: Smoking Tobacco  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Sispen

Smoking Tobacco
« on: May 20, 2011, 21:43:45 PM »
Hi All,
I was wondering if there is anywhere in the area that sells smoking tobacco that can be made into cigarretes - ie Turner, Golden Virginia. I have been to Turkey before ( Gumbet and Altinkum ) but never found any except on a trip to Rhodes

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 22:23:19 PM »
I have seen something being sold as smoking tobacco on Tuesday market, but wouldn't want to vouch for its authenticity

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 23:09:09 PM »
Noo dont buy that baccy from the markets, hubby rolls his own, and recons he got done like a kipper by buying the dried up stuff from the market. get it at your outward airport duty free or on your outward  :)flight

Offline jul bri

Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 08:30:59 AM »
I always get Brians once i have landed, in duty free shop in dalaman airport,its much cheaper then bristol airport.Now we are living here in turkey,he mixes it with turkish tobacco ,then on my next visit to england i get him some more golden virginia.

Offline Angelic

Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 17:37:44 PM »
There's a shop in the Paspatur that sells rolling tobacco but dont know what the quality's like, also one in Günlükbaşi down a side street somewhere near Seçkin restaurant.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »
I bought some Golden Virginia in Hisaronu once, it was disgusting, we couldn't even give it away, as jul bri said, buy it in the Dalaman duty free, it's good and it's cheaper. Alan

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 16:06:25 PM »
There was a programme on T.V. about the fake tobacco and cigarettes.  It's made in China.  The Golden Virginia was tested with the other stuff it had all sorts of horrible things in it including lead, rodent droppings and floor sweepings. They actually showed one place where it was being produced and the place was filthy.

Offline ronzeus

Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 17:23:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

There was a programme on T.V. about the fake tobacco and cigarettes.  It's made in China.  The Golden Virginia was tested with the other stuff it had all sorts of horrible things in it including lead, rodent droppings and floor sweepings. They actually showed one place where it was being produced and the place was filthy.

So it improves the the tobacco then Jaquie.  ;)

Offline Pauline4Pete

Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 19:04:38 PM »
There is tobacco shop near McDonalds, local tobacco from 25TL per kilo they also sell empty filtered cigarettes and a machine to make them up.
My hubby recently acquired a batch and the good news is he dislikes it so much he has cut down his smoking by 3/4 lol

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Smoking Tobacco
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 21:27:47 PM »
why not stockup at duty free in england   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf