Author Topic: phone shop across from Bim.  (Read 1807 times)

Offline yasemin3

phone shop across from Bim.
« on: March 17, 2012, 17:11:51 PM »
I don't post often but I think it is important to share my most recent experience with the phone shop which is across from Bim / Sultan Pastanesi. I have just came to spend the summer and came to Calis, had not had time to walk through Fethiye yet and brows,look at current prices, etc. I was needing intenet and was advised by a neighbour that I could get a thing called VINN. Seeing it in this shop a few days ago as I was passing I popped in, the chap explained that I could use it for three months up till 4GB then I would have to buy top ups. The price he quoted was 140 lira, which I paid and then took it home to use it. At the time the transaction was slow and he seemed uncertain of what he was doing but I put that down to it being a small shop and though, maybe he doesn't sell that much. He called me at home to tell me he had forgotten to call the number through to the main centre to activate it and so I had to take it back for him to do that. I double checked what I had bought and stupidly did not get a receipt. When I started using it a message came up which told me my units would end on 11th April - one month later, not three as I had been informed. When my husband and I were in Fethiye today we nade an enquiry at the shop there as to what we had bought and the chap there told us I had been royally ripped off. The package I was sold should have been 99 lira and had I wanted a bigger package it should have been 147 lira, which would have been 10GB for three months, not the 4GB for one month that I have been deliberately flogged. When my husband went to the shop this evening to challenge the chap he wa as guilty as sin, gave my husband 20 lira and denied that I had paid 140 lira. My husband left angry and told him lanet olsun (God damn you) and told him he was a rip off merchant. When he then went to the small shop down the road, the chap there said he stopped shopping there ages ago, because he had also bought bad goods from him. Just a cautionary tale but hopefully it will save another from being cheated. I will continue to use my VINN and, yes, I will have to top it up eralier than expected but never mind, another learning curve

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 19:31:00 PM »
Is this on the main road in Gunlukbasi? Otherwise, as there are numerous Bims & a few Sultan Pastenesis, not sure where you're meaning

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 20:18:40 PM »
I think she means the one on the same road as Alo 24 and the new Bostons, same side of the road as Bostans but further along

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 20:57:55 PM »
Shocking story and thanks for sharing.  Another case of lets rip off someone today and not realise the future consequences.  Now everyone on this forum and their friends will probably not use that shop and his little bit of rip off profit will be no comparision to his future revenue loss. Will they ever learn............

Offline Julesp

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 21:02:00 PM »
I think just a case of language mix up

Offline yasemin3

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 22:18:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

I think just a case of language mix up

Hi, it was the one near ALO 24. Not a language mix up, we spoke in Turkish and so did my husband. It was a clear cut rip off.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 14:31:05 PM »
I know the shop you mean, on the corner opposite BIM. I have used that shop to top up my VINN dongle on many occasions, I have not been overcharged and always been given a receipt. He is a bit slow at times, usually because he can't get his little machine to "talk" to Turkcell to load the credit. But he certainly overcharged you for the purchase, they are 100TL in Fethiye including 4gb for one month usage.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 14:33:01 PM by LeeGlo »

Offline yasemin3

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 19:11:34 PM »
Yes. Leeglo, the same one, up from the court. He sold me the one month, 4gb and told me I could use it for three months up to four GB. When my hubby went to talk to him he lied to him also and said I had only given him 120 lira and offered him 20 lira back. When he said, you took 140 lira from my wife and we know the price you told her doesn't even match any product for VINN he was embarassed and a heated exchange took place. We will make a complaint to the Belediye tomorrow - just been a learning curve for me but thought others should be aware. It is not a 'yabanci' thing, he was taking a chance at getting a little extra money because he recognised that I am not here all the time and I did not know the product, I was relying on him for the information but now I know him, I will not go back for any reason.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 21:51:49 PM »
I used to live across the road and never had a problem either topping up turkcell or vinn. He always offered a receipt, maybe cos he knew where I lived

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 00:43:36 AM »
thanks for posting and letting us all know to avoid people who think they can rip off the expats.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf