Author Topic: SGK Letters  (Read 11263 times)

Offline Janbee

Re: SGK Letters
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 13:46:15 PM »
Good work George, Alf and I would definitely be interested if SGK goes pear shaped. 

Offline Jack13

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 14:24:44 PM »
we would be interested as well. nice to see some expats taking a big interest in our welfare here in turkey. good luck.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 15:19:13 PM »
It's us oldies who are the problem of course, insurance companies never really want to take the risk of having to pay out more than they are getting in premiums.

If you are over 80 with pre existing medical conditions you will be very hard pushed to find full time cover. We spend 6 months at a time in Fethiye and were quoted £1800 for six months cover.

DonM

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 15:32:18 PM »
Mrs TC and I would be very interested.

How about putting a poll on here (if Mr Scunner agrees). I'm sure that would give you a good indication as to how many from this forum are interested.

TC  8) 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 16:13:23 PM »
Mr Scunner is always most agreeable

Offline Ivan

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 21:20:46 PM »
this is to all that took to the SGK like ducks to water! were you insured for your health before SGK? so why worry now???

Offline busybee

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »
Thanks George

Think most of us did worry b4 SGK, but our mature age, pre existing etc, made private insurance difficult.  SGK provided the solution, so thats why so many joined.  Us included!!!

Maybe Scunner would let us put details on here of who would be interested in private insurance. We could then go on mass, to an insurance company(a day out with a difference!! lol) and see what they come up with.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 09:14:46 AM »
just received our letter this morning. just a bit of info to ivan. we were not allowed to join the sgk until we had completed 1 year of residency. so it wasn't exactly ducks to water. as busybee said on the previous post sgk provided the solution and put many of our minds at rest for the future re the cost of health care in turkey. good luck busybee.  watching any feedback with interest.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »
If someone can email/PM me the options, a poll can be added in minutes. It will also automatically appear on Facebook.

Offline busybee

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 06:08:03 AM »
Thanks Scunner will ring George and maybe together, we can get a poll (specific questions) going, to see who is interested.  We have to try and help ourselves in situations like this.  If the UK does come up with a agreeable solution.....fantastic, if not we may have plan B!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf