Author Topic: Total Amazement Mehmet's progress  (Read 2832 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Total Amazement Mehmet's progress
« on: July 18, 2014, 19:31:00 PM »
I was fortunate today in being able to visit Mehmet the young lad who had the major surgery on both legs earlier this year. To walk into their home and see him waiting to greet us STANDING UPRIGHT was truly amazing. Yes he had the help of a zimmer frame and callipers on his legs as they are not yet strong enough to support him but the biggest grin I have ever seen was on his beautiful face as he can now see the world from a different view to being wheelchair bound. He has physiotherapy three times a week and we have agreed to pay for a further session as it will help him enormously. Uzumlu ladies  wished also to do something for him so they have kindly purchased a large three wheeler  trike at a cost of 900 lira and he has already been able to sit on it and use the pedals to ride a short distance. I cannot describe how heartwarming it is to see his progress. His big surprise (if you read my comments previously) was a football shirt and shorts from his favourite team plus a football and a team mug. He insisted the shirt had to be put on immediately and a cup of cay made so he could use his mug .I think they will have a job to get the shirt off of him to go to bed . A truly memorable day so many thanks to all the people who donate in any way so we can make a difference in these youngsters lives. They believe he will be able to walk properly in about 18 months time so we will pay for physiotherapy for as long as it takes.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Total Amazement Mehmet's progress
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 19:37:06 PM »
Great news!

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 19:47:05 PM »
Makes leaving clothes behind to fill the case with goodies for embrace all worthwhile,   :)(Sorry pressed post too early)

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 20:39:31 PM »
Truly heartwarming. How wonderful that there are people around who give time to causes such as these. The world is a better place because of you.  :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:54:36 AM »
How wonderful!  I bet he never imagined in his wildest dreams that somebody would come along and offer him the chance to walk - the stuff that dreams are made off.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 09:17:16 AM »
Just wonderful, life changing for him and the family. Just shows what can be achieved. Very well done to all involved x

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 15:59:34 PM »
Well done Embrace and Uzumlu ladies, real life changing help for Mehmet.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 22:15:50 PM »
If anyone feels compelled to send a donation to help Embrace do more of their amazing work and help more people like Mehmet, I haven't got a sweepstake or a guess the exchange rate or a silly game...I do have to send a payment to them on MONDAY so if you would like to send a donation via Paypal for no reason (other than to help) then this weekend is very convenient  ;)

Paypal address keith @ calis-beach.co.uk

Just saying :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf