Author Topic: Not long now  (Read 1712 times)

Offline KH

• Newly Registered
Not long now
« on: July 23, 2014, 17:50:08 PM »
 Hi . I have posted before about the local shops etc and got some fab advice which I was grateful for.
 It's next month that we come over for our holiday in Calis,it's approaching quickly now and we can't wait   :)
I now know exactly where our rental villa is if anyone may know the area please ? 969 Sokak  the canal end of it. It's just we arrive late night/very early hours of the morning on a Sunday ( our flight leaves EMA at 6.40 pm ) I was wondering what time will the shops open on the Sunday morning ? and also where the nearest ones to us will be ? If anyone could advise please ?  I was thinking of packing just a couple of items of food ,not anything fresh like meat ,just the kids toasting waffles and snacks so they could eat when they get up in the morning. Can we take food ? it's been years since we've even been abroad and never been to Turkey yet either  :)
Thanks in advance.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Not long now
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 18:03:34 PM »
Get whoever you are renting your villa from to leave you a welcome pack.    Google earth shows that address as being off Baris Manco Blv at the first roundabout on the right coming from the prom.  There are a couple of small shops (Markets) along this road that open really early so no problem.  Calis Market is open on Sunday and the Supermarkets are all on the Market Road.  Biggest one is Kipa which belongs to Tesco. 

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 18:10:35 PM »
By my calculation, & allowing for time difference , ( 2 hours ), 4 hour flight, possible delay at Dalaman etc, you should probably get to your apt around 02.00 .  I am certain that Kipa (Tesco ) is open 24.7, ( someone else will come on here &
correct me if I am mistaken ),     ;) Hiya J.H. ;-) and is not too far from 969 Sokak. It is , of course possible to take food with you on the flight, we always take things like bacon, black pudding, etc.  If you are having a private transfer from the airport to the apt., ask the driver if he will take you Kipa for essentials, they are usually quite good at such things, for a few extra lira.

Enjoy your holiday.  8) ;D

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 18:49:47 PM »
Kipa now closes at 10pm.

Offline KH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 19:21:21 PM »
Lovely ,thanks to all who posted. I'm sure we will have a good holiday,I can't wait  :D.
 I didn't realise a welcome pack was possible ,that's a good idea and yes we have a taxi transfer from Dalaman pre booked.
Thanks again ,got a better idea now.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 19:27:34 PM »
Arriving at that time in the morning I would certainly put some basics in my suitcase, favourite cereals, maybe the little selection packs, some sachets of powdered milk, tea bags, coffee,  and some of the sauce sachets available in most restaurants.  We always take favourite biscuits and cheese kept in the fridge at home until just before we leave, I know a lot of people take bacon, sausages and even butter.  The Sunday market is open all day on Sunday and you can pick up fabulous fruit, veg. and most of your other requirements there.  Other things are readily available at any of the many supermarkets, which are all open on Sundays.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 19:32:32 PM »
The Calis Kipa is now open till 2.00am, it shuts at 10.00pm in the winter months.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 19:47:09 PM by yabanci »

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 20:04:02 PM »
also if you are staying quite close to the Calis Kipa, there is a restaurant next door, which stays open 24 hours.  I forget the exact name but it has 24 in the title.  I know Scunner is a fan of this, perhaps he will help you, but you can get a meal there at any time of the day or night.   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 20:21:04 PM »
Alo 24 is the name

Also Mete Market is open 24/7, not quite Kipa but he has the basics to get you through till morning.

Offline hazel dorrington

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »
Beware, Some suitcases are  X-rayed on way in to Turkey and it is illegal to take in meat and dairy products.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf