Author Topic: (knock, knock, knock) "Hello, anyone there?"  (Read 1353 times)

Offline hornedfrog

(knock, knock, knock) "Hello, anyone there?"
« on: August 01, 2023, 07:56:27 AM »
Good morning, all.

Seems to have gone very quiet again...I think the last post was on 19 July. I hope this means everyone is in Turkey and having the times of their lives, or at home, too busy planning their trip to Turkey to mooch about here.

Anyway, having spent May and a few weeks in late June-July in Fethiye, I'm heading back for 3 weeks in September and would enjoy a meet up of any residents or those traveling that direction.

Speak soon?
Dale (hornedfrog)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Re: (knock, knock, knock) "Hello, anyone there?"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 11:27:18 AM »
I check in every day hornedfrog and was thinking the same, it's so quiet these days. Such a shame as it used to be a busy forum. Would be nice to start seeing updates on Fethiye/Calis, including any holiday pics. I was there in April and noticed a few changes, one being the Harman Hotel now demolished and the work had started on the new development which was once the Orient Hotel on Mustafa Kemal Blvd. It really was an eyesore. I'm over there next week so I'm looking forward to seeing the progress   :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 16:38:50 PM »
Just back after 10 days - had a fab time doing all the usual stuff - 2 boat trips, market, trips into Fethiye, ate at many great places - Mancero, Georges, Bella Mamma, Rushie's ;D and even tried the new "Big Chef" (used to be Sat).

Offline woody

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 14:13:30 PM »
Sorry to say that it looks like many people are using Facebook CBF to communicate these days, which is such a shame as those of us who chose not to have a Facebook account are no longer able to access all forum messages.

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 08:37:16 AM »
... even tried the new "Big Chef" (used to be Sat).

What did you think of it? My daughter and I went for breakfast one morning and ended up going back for our "last night" meal. We thought it was pretty good.
Dale

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 08:40:59 AM »
Sorry to say that it looks like many people are using Facebook CBF to communicate these days, which is such a shame as those of us who chose not to have a Facebook account are no longer able to access all forum messages.
I agree; however, I find the FB groups all very divisive...it seems even innocuous comments can turn into slanging matches WAY too frequently. We seemed to have a quite civilised group here, even when there were disagreements...I miss that.
D

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 08:44:54 AM »
I check in every day hornedfrog and was thinking the same, it's so quiet these days. Such a shame as it used to be a busy forum. Would be nice to start seeing updates on Fethiye/Calis, including any holiday pics. I was there in April and noticed a few changes, one being the Harman Hotel now demolished and the work had started on the new development which was once the Orient Hotel on Mustafa Kemal Blvd. It really was an eyesore. I'm over there next week so I'm looking forward to seeing the progress    :)
Rana, I was there in May for a month, then back with my daughter for 2 weeks in July...seems there were changes made even between the two visits (but that may just be my not noticing). I'm back for most of September if you're still around.

In any case, have a great trip and enjoy yourself.
Dale

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2023, 09:48:31 AM »
That's good to know hornedfrog that there's been progress. I wish I could go in September as August far too hot for me, but work commitments stops me from going that time of year.
Thanks and you too, enjoy your holiday  8)

Offline IanK

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2023, 09:55:21 AM »
... even tried the new "Big Chef" (used to be Sat).
What did you think of it? My daughter and I went for breakfast one morning and ended up going back for our "last night" meal. We thought it was pretty good.
Dale

Well, its a fab setting and the food was really good - we were just a bit dissapointed with the service at the start. For example, they brought a bottle of wine and dissapeared without opening it !! There was also some confussion about the physical and online menus with different staff giving different answers.

Was fine once we had finally ordered though, so I guess its just down to new staff who arn't quite up to speed yet.

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2023, 09:59:08 AM »
I completely agree that it is a shame that Facebook is impacting upon this superb forum.
Whilst I know that I am perfectly free to use Facebook, I, along with countless others, choose not to "do" Facebook.
I like to think that I am reasonably technologically savvy, and I embrace most new technology.  I just don't personally want to do Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Tik Tok.
I am not a prolific poster on here but I do check in almost every day to get snippets of information, and on several occasions have asked for bits of advice which have always been quickly and helpfully responded to.
I think this forum is a brilliant source of information, and a really friendly and helpful place to exchange ideas and just generally keep up to date with what is going on in and around Calis.
Lets all use it more so that we can all continue to enjoy it.
It would be such a shame if it faded away due to lack of use - It is far to good for that!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf