Author Topic: Water charges  (Read 4130 times)

Offline peecee

Water charges
« on: February 26, 2010, 06:13:55 AM »
Am trying to find out the water rate charges for all the Fethiye areas.  Have heard that Uzumlu are going to put up the rates to 2TL per cubic metre (was 1.75TL)
any info appreciated :)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Water charges
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:37:11 AM »
Calis still  1tl per cube as far as I am aware.

Offline phil1839

Water charges
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »
The info is sought for charges levied on people who have pools, as it is only villa owners with pools who will pay the 2 tl per cubic ton in Uzumlu if the rise takes place. Claire the previous rate was 1.50 tl a Cubic ton so an extra 50 kurus is quite a large rise percentage wise. Phil

Offline yabanci

Water charges
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
Calis is now 1.11 per cube,up from 0.61 kuros on December's bill.

Offline Firo

Water charges
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 15:34:58 PM »
This was brought up as a concern at the UCW meeting on Thurs. We made some quick enquries with a Turkish friend who thought that it was probably illegal.
We have agreed to try to get a large amount of folks who object, Turkish. German and British, to go and see the Baskan in mid April to show how we feel about the higher than normal charges.
If we get nowhere (which we expect) then we will be having individual petitions, written in Turksh printed and these will then be forwarded onto the Kaymakan in Fethiye or Mugla.
We are hoping to be able to hand these out at the April UCW meeting, after they have finished their business.
If you are interested in attending the Baskan meeting and are not on my mailing list please send me your email address by PM.
Fi
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 15:36:16 PM by Firo »

Offline Harmless

Water charges
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 18:12:00 PM »
Our bill went up by 60%  We are in Fethiye

Offline Gary-O

Water charges
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 18:59:15 PM »
I am in Calis and have just looked at an old bill against the one i received today, the old cost was 0.60 and the new cost is 0.74. Does anyone have any ideas why there are so many different rates?

Offline ilrifugio

Water charges
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 22:03:17 PM »
I'm really surprised to see your cube prices.  We had our bill today and it is 2.1 Ytl per M3! ( Ölüdeniz Belediye) We have a pool, but from beginning we informed the Belediye that we fill it up with water brought by tanker. (would cost an arm and a leg otherwise!!!)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 22:07:33 PM by ilrifugio »

Offline peecee

Water charges
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 05:51:40 AM »
I thought as you did, Ilrifugio, but it takes 4 tankers to fill the pool, last year tankers were 30tl each which worked out 120tl.  My neighbour filled his pool with Belediye water and it costs less than 120tl (I think it was around 85tl.)  But, now the price is going up, I think tankers would be the best option.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Water charges
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »
I understand that the Uzumlu Belediye charge more for pool owners for their water, even if they use a well to fill their pool and water their garden.  There is no logic to their system as the water is metered and you pay for what you use, -why charge more because you have a pool!!!!

So I assume filling your pool by tanker will not get you a lower water rate for your house, any potential saving will just be on the price charged by the tanker.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf