Author Topic: Advertising your rental  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Phil

Advertising your rental
« on: March 01, 2015, 19:06:04 PM »
Up until now we have just used Calisvilla.co.uk to advertise our rental and have always been very pleased with the number of enquiries, bookings and costs.

Sadly we now have to look for an alternative and I wondered what other peoples' experiences of other sites has been.

I have just spent a couple of hours looking at the big players and my first reaction is that they all seem very expensive and the owners' availability calendars suggest that they are not very successful .................

Hoping some one can save me making a big mistake ............ Thanks in advance

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Advertising your rental
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:09:44 AM »
We have always used Owners Direct, they have some very reasonable villas and apartments on there.  I know there are some people on the forum who have property that they let out, and I am sure they will be in touch with you.  It might be useful if you could say what sort of property you are looking for.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:38:38 AM »
Can i ask Phil, why are you thinking of looking for an alternative to advertise your property?

We always look at Calisvilla.c.uk first, as its all owners from this website...

Offline Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
Just to clarify ........ I want to advertise our villa for rent to prospective guests..... sorry if I confused you echogirl.......

( And I'll defer to Keith make any announcement he may wish to make public about Calisvilla.co.uk - probably the best way to avoid me starting a Calis rumour .)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:26 AM »
Easily confused Phil, just re-read your post and obviously got hold of wrong end of stick!!

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:48:05 AM »
Just to clarify ........ I want to advertise our villa for rent to prospective guests..... sorry if I confused you echogirl.......

( And I'll defer to Keith make any announcement he may wish to make public about Calisvilla.co.uk - probably the best way to avoid me starting a Calis rumour .)

Lol Phil, think you just did exactly that  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 17:44:58 PM »
ooops  :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 17:56:10 PM »
Phil is trying to be tactful and you lot aren't letting him!

Calisvilla has had 12 great years (and great clients) but it is my only paid for website and with honest full time employment I don't feel I am able to offer the service they have been paying for in previous years.

Rather than take the money and offer a reduced level of service I have decided, with regret, to bring the site to an honourable close. Money isn't everything :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 18:47:07 PM »
If I knew anything at all about websites I would offer to run it for you.... but I'm an absolute novice. 
It's a shame as I can imagine a lot of people rent with confidence from CBF members - a bit of a security blanket.

Offline Phil

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 19:21:14 PM »
If any one did fancy taking it over please count me in for a renewed subscription.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf