Author Topic: DOLMUS 2  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Lakers

DOLMUS 2
« on: February 01, 2011, 22:13:50 PM »
Just a thought, do anyone know if Dolmus 2 will be runnung again this year and why was it stopped last year.

Dolmus 2 ran along the top road (hisaronu/ovacik/fethye), which was great when walking back from Hisaronu or travelling back from Fethiye as this elimanated 1 steep hill.

thks

Mark

Offline Dempava

DOLMUS 2
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 22:45:29 PM »
Not heard anything about Dolmus2 this year yet. I live on the top road and would love it to re-start running along here. They are improving the road i.e. putting kerb stones along the top side! So, maybe thats an indication of things to come! I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

Offline PKHUGHES100

DOLMUS 2
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 21:03:32 PM »
Great news about road improvements up the top of Ovacik, they were really bad last year!It would also be even better if the No 2 operated as well.

KEVIN

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
DOLMUS 2
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 21:50:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dempava

Not heard anything about Dolmus2 this year yet. I live on the top road and would love it to re-start running along here. They are improving the road i.e. putting kerb stones along the top side! So, maybe thats an indication of things to come! I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

If its anything like the UK it indicates that over the next 12 months there will be Gas, Water, Telephone and Electricity people comming to dig up the new kerbs.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DOLMUS 2
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 22:03:45 PM »
I remember when they put the central reservations in on the main roads in Calis. The middle was filled with soil and was wide enough to plant palm trees in easily. Sadly, nobody had thought about the roots - the fact that they were about twice as wide as the trunk and two kerbstones on each side, every 10 metres or so had to be cut out and removed, the trees put in and the kerbstones returned into place. You couldn't make it up.

Offline PKHUGHES100

DOLMUS 2
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 19:42:03 PM »
That is the charm of Turkey for you!

Kevin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf