Author Topic: Pool Pump Replacement  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Lakers

Pool Pump Replacement
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »
Please can you assist, our maintenance company are suggesting our pool pump requires replacing, can anyone suggest an approx figure for the fitting, pump costs and its warranty period.

The pool is approx 70sq meters.

many thks

m

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Pool Pump Replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »
I am surprised if its knackered they are not offering to get it repaired rather than just buying new as there is not a lot to them that can go wrong.
Its important to know how its knackered because you don't want a repeat next year if its due to how it has been left over the winter.
Not sure on cost sorry but I would guess about £250 for the pump if bought in UK.

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 15:12:01 PM »
We thought we needed a new one this spring as ours had seized up whilst we were on holiday.  Pool company came and had a look at it and said no, we can refurbish it.  They dismantled it, took it away and 2 days later brought it back and refitted it all for the sum of 280 TL.  The company was Bulet opposite the original Kipa.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 17:45:58 PM »
Ours packed up last month, it was 4 years old and as it was the cheapest one the builders could get it just wore out. We had a replacement fitted and including alterations to the pipework the total was 350TL.

Offline karenr

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 20:40:29 PM »
ours on a complex of 10........but only 8 use tends to go once if not twice a year at a cost of 80 pounds a time !!!!!!

Offline Eric

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 21:01:50 PM »
I'm not surprised it goes twice a year if thats all you are paying.  A bit of false economy there.  Pay a bit more for a better one and it may last longer and be cheaper in the long run.

Offline karenr

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 20:15:10 PM »
Eric, were more than happy to buy a new one if thats whats needed as we have a communial fund to cover it. Were told its the power surge every now and then....although we have surge protectors on it as well. I was going to check with friends on another complex that have 2 pols with the same maintainance company to see if they have the same problem. If not Ill have to address it with the company when out in September. Thanks for giving a price, it gives me a starting point as Im sure some quotes are plucked out of thin air in our case sometimes   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf