Author Topic: 150 Demolitions Ordered At Oludeniz  (Read 8922 times)

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
150 Demolitions Ordered At Oludeniz
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 18:20:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by c1

surley the local government are complicite? if they are charging and taking local taxes etc from the builders/ occupiers, and these buildings have not just jumped out of the ground like snowdrops have they ? so the local authority should foot the bill, I thought all new builds had to meet standards for earth quakes ie solid metre thick base and have approval.or is this just another case of Mugla getting at the Mayor who was elected for the second term by the people. Any news on the Kaya situation Alan

Offline Harmless

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 08:19:34 AM »
I fail to see how the council cannot be held responsible, they must have given building permission on the whole.   If the plans were illegal, then permission should not have been given to start the building works.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
Thanks for that link Kaya, I was talking to a taxi driver the other day who told me about this, he owns a villa in marmaris and goes there 4/5 times a year in groups of 40 +, and has put it up for sale they are all going to Goa instead, so theres one family and friends, when multiplied, leaves a 200 + visitors per year down, mad innit.

Offline Connor

• Prat in the hat
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 13:58:19 PM »
If people are not heading to Marmaris & the council are knocking down 150 buildings in Olu Deniz, will the Fethiye council follow suit?  There has been a lot of building in Fethiye/Calis over the past couple of years; how do you know if your HOME will be next?  The Zabita have already had a go at us for an illegal extension which was put up before we bought. We had to foot the bill for alterations. Getting worried!!

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 20:56:07 PM »
Please excuse this potentially stupid question it is just that I am a little nervous about my current Ovacik apartment purchase reading this thread .... "If I am in receipt of the Tapu is demolition still a possibility"?

Kevin

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 21:06:22 PM »
If you have any doubts, contact an independent solicitor to check things out. This might cost 1% of the money you are spending. It's pretty unlikely though. By the way - If you are in receipt of a tapu, you aren't currently purchasing an apartment, you have purchased it  :)

Also, there are quite a few stories about people having to knock down illegal extensions that were present when they bought the property. other places where this is the law include the UK.

Offline patch

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 22:14:32 PM »
would i be right in assuming that if when you bought your property , you have had military clearance , then you should have nothing to worry about .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 22:25:34 PM »
No, that has nothing much to do with the property you intend to buy.

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 15:02:49 PM »
There is a court case on 12th Feb by forestry for 3villas on 24 complex in Ovacik being illegaly built, all have their tapus, and they want them demolished and land returned to forestry

Offline Firo

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 15:26:48 PM »
PKHughes. If you have a query contact Lycia as they should be able to check and reassure you. I would be highly suprised if they have sold you anything with land problems as they are one of the most trustworthy builders in the area.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf