Author Topic: Vision Holidays  (Read 10051 times)

Offline anniebd

« on: August 28, 2007, 12:27:45 PM »
I would like to make people aware of the poor service that vision holidays offer before anyone else makes a booking through them.  I booked in March to stay at the Almina Villas at the cost of £1938 for my husband,I and my three young children, at the same time I enquired how much it would cost to stay in the appartments which was put at a cost of £1625.  We went with the villas as we had had a look at them last year and thought that they were lovely and a lot more comfortable than the appartments and just a lot nicer all round.
My sister and her family also booked to stay in the villas at a similar cost.

When we arrived in Turkey we were all told by the staff at the Almina that Vision Holidays had put in no request for either of our families to stay in the villas and were taken to the appartments. We were all understandably very upset and disappointed as although the appartments are okay they are no way nearly as nice as the villas and anyone who has seen both of them would agree. More to the point we had paid to stay in much better accomodation than had been offered.  

We rang Vision from Turkey and were assured that a full refund for the price difference would be waiting for us all when we got home.

When we got home there was no refund waiting and when I rang a man called Prince from Vision he offered me £98 and said that this was the price difference.  We had stayed the Almina appartments last year as well and knew full well that this was not the price difference.

Although this is very long winded the long and short of it is that we were missold a holiday as we saw the fax that Vision sent to the Almina requesting appartments for both mine and my sister's family yet on both of our invoices from Vision it had villas on the receipts.  Prince offered only one of us alternative accomodation but when you book a family holiday the idea is that you stay together, he is now that we are home,trying to say that he offered us all alternative accomodation which is not the case.  So just from two families he and his company have made over £600 just by selling us accomodation that according to the Almina should never have been sold as it was not available at the time that we booked.

I have been back well over a week and have more than given Vision a chance to make things right from what I can gather this isn't the first time that Vision have done this so would just like to warn people to think twice before booking through them again!!

Offline fletch

Vision Holidays
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about your bad experience anniebd, Prince is the brother of Alif who owns/runs the Letoon hotel in Calis.

I would only have good things to say about Alif and his staff at the Letoon and I don't know how close their business relationship is.

Your post is enough for me to steer clear of 'Vision Holidays' that is until you have been given acceptable compensation. I also know that there are 2 sides to every argument but I am one not prepared to take the chance.

For me, it is not worth £600 for all the bad press but there maybe a slight misunderstanding that will rectify itself and as such redeem the name of Prince and his company.

Here's to a quick and happy ending.

Offline anniebd

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 13:02:17 PM »
Thanks for your reply Fletch, noone likes to feel like they have been ripped off especially when you have given a company your money many times before and given them a chance to right what we feel is a big wrong!!

Offline Jenny

Vision Holidays
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 13:44:59 PM »
I had a similar experience with that stupid company and his moron staff. Ive posted about it somewhere on here. I got to my hotel and got told they weren't accepting vision guests as they hadn't paid them last year or this year. It's a disgrace that they get our money for accomodation then don't pay the hoteliers, especially as he is from Calis himself.

Offline anniebd

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 14:42:09 PM »
I have read about your experiance, I just wish that I had read it before we booked to go this year!!  He is quite smug about everything which only angers me more.  He told me that I would definately be booking with him again next year??!!! Also, when I told him that I would be letting others know about his company he said that noone pays attention to what people write on this forum.  I think that I will suggest that he has a read....

Offline Jenny

Vision Holidays
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 15:08:36 PM »
haha I think the power of the internet/forum is one he shouldn't underestimate.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 15:08:59 PM by Jenny »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Vision Holidays
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 15:55:59 PM »
Where's this guy based? If it UK and they are TTA bonded then threaten to report them. If it's the Vision I found then ask them to live up to their promises:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 16:07:23 PM by stoop »

Offline anniebd

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 16:02:23 PM »
He is based in Beckenham.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Vision Holidays
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 16:08:27 PM »
Also, when I told him that I would be letting others know about his company he said that noone pays attention to what people write on this forum.  I think that I will suggest that he has a read....
[/quote]
Hee hee, is he in for a shock!!   Good luck, hope you get further compensation and I hope he gets what he has coming.....!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Vision Holidays
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 16:10:25 PM »
Then his brochure says that they are TTA members and makes promises about accomodation and compensation. This also makes interesting reading:

http://forum.holidaywatchdog.com/Turkey-Vision-Holidays-Thread-4495.html

I'm not sure if this link will work - if it does then read the promises in 'accomodation'- page 47

http://www.nxtbook.com/dal/vision/turkey/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 16:12:56 PM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf