Author Topic: Vision Holidays  (Read 10049 times)

Offline fletch

Vision Holidays
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 14:55:12 PM »
Any joy yet 'anniebd'?

It seems to have gone quiet, you must have had a response by now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Vision Holidays
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 19:37:44 PM »
I completely missed this topic through being away.

The owner of the Almina only received a confirmation for two apartments, there was no mention of villas whatsoever.

If it helps anyone, you could email me if you wanted to stay at the Almina, apartments or villas, I can pass requests on.

Offline doll

Vision Holidays
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 08:10:29 AM »
i was just going to say
the travel agencys usually pocket most of the money
the hotelier gets a very small amount for his hotel
this is what happened with the seril 2 i think they took on a sole agent
and most of the time the hotel was empty as they couldn't take any other guests
keep on with the fight to get you compensation they just want people to be put off
keep plodding on and tell them how much you would be happy with
keep us all posted.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Vision Holidays
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 10:28:10 AM »
I also know of some horrendous activities by tour ops. Not Vision, the biggest ones.

1. Took an exclusive option on the majority of rooms in one (popular) hotel, at an agreed rate that was acceptable to all parties (I am not sure of the rate, around £9 pppn), take loads of bookings for the whole UK school summer holiday dates, then contacted the hotel days before the schools broke up, informing that the rate they were paying had changed to £3.50 per night "take it or leave it". Bearing in mind staff, food, drinks etc. had all been put in place, and the chances of finding other bookings in a few days were prectically zero, what else could they do but accept? Then the only hope is that the guests spend in the hotel bar or restaurant.

2. One of the very largest UK tour ops took an option on another hotel, but quite the opposite - not one booking was forthcoming. The hotel was (unusually) practically empty for the whole season. Imagine their surprise when guests from previous years came in to say hello, and informed them that when they tried to book the hotel, the tour op confirmed it was fully booked, and suggested another hotel along the road.

As they screw the last penny out of local hoteliers, they announce profits of billions - and one or two more local hotels face the very real prospect of going out of business. When people see this they often see it as a sign that Calis & Fethiye is dying, or unpopular - the truth is, multinational companies will, if allowed, kill Calis.

Offline anniebd

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 11:35:02 AM »
I have still had no joy with vision.  Had a discussion with one of their staff yesterday (Prince is out of the office whenever I ring?!!)  Was told that someone was deaing with my case and that a decision would be made (yesterday) and I would get a phone call to let me know what the outcome of their decision is.  Still waiting on the phone call which should have come at end of business yesterday.

They are basically blaiming the Almina which I know is not the case.  Gabby and Ully (sorry if misspelt!!) showed us the fax that vision had sent requesting an appartment for my family and I Prince has denied that this fax was sent and stands by the fact that he requested a villa for us yet I have a copy of the fax which I have shown to Prince yet he is still rather stupidly trying to say that it wasn't sent!!!!

As I have already said I will carry on with this.  It may not be a life changing amount of money that they owe me but it is more the principle of it all now.  There is no loyalty on their part, this was the third time that I had booked with vision and this is how they repay me!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments and support that you have all been giving.

x

Offline doll

Vision Holidays
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 18:34:18 PM »
keep going untill they fed up of you
tell them you will go to the papers and ruin their name
and maybe do it, the sun would love a scandal
chin up...

Offline kanga

Vision Holidays
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 15:32:25 PM »
keep complaining abd vision aint got a leg to stand on you have the  fax from the almina that proves vision never booked you and lw a villa only an apartment although they made you pay for a villa, they need exposing as this is totally unacceptable it could also get local hoteliers a bad name if they cannot prove the booking that has been taken and this is not fair, luckily almina are all good and it was by no way their fault totally down to vision

Offline shandy

• Ashton-under-Lyne, UK
Vision Holidays
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 15:36:12 PM »
I feel i should post in defence of Vision Holidays, we booked our first ever holiday to Turkey with them in Sept 2005, we booked through a guy called Arif 'Archie'.  I told him we wanted somewhere nice and quiet, not too rowdy and he recommended his home town of Calis Beach, we were not disappointed with the Calis but weren't happy with the apartment Acar 5, only because we felt out on a limb and the owner did not speak good English, however I phoned the rep - Nevra - who is based at the Letoon, she was with us inside 20 mins and within an hour she had moved us to the Poppy Apartments, where we had an excellent time.  We loved Calis sooo much that we went back in Feb 2006 and bought our own apartment.

Arif now has his own holiday company here in the UK with his wife and I met him in person in the Scarlett Bar, he was a very nice pleasant guy and its thanks to him for introducing us to Calis that we now have our own apartment :D

Offline anniebd

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 15:44:06 PM »
Shandy, two months ago I would have agreed with you about vision as this was the third time that we had booked through them which is probably what makes it all the more frustrating as we thought that we could trust this holiday company!!

Offline anniebd

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 15:48:56 PM »
Yes Kanga totally down to vision, can't fault Almina.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf