Author Topic: Aplogies to Cef  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aplogies to Cef
« on: December 14, 2007, 00:37:52 AM »
Cef
Whilst attempting to clean up your second topic I have mistakenly deleted the whole thing.  I've been in contact with Keith and he's assured me that it cannot be retrieved.
I'm so sorry  8) :-\
Please start another topic to keep your story alive and kicking.
Perhaps this time folks we can carry on without the need for sniping at one and other.  It doesn't make good reading
Sorry once again Cef
Anne

Offline carlan

Aplogies to Cef
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 06:08:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anne

Cef
Whilst attempting to clean up your second topic I have mistakenly deleted the whole thing.  I've been in contact with Keith and he's assured me that it cannot be retrieved.
I'm so sorry  8) :-\
Please start another topic to keep your story alive and kicking.
Perhaps this time folks we can carry on without the need for sniping at one and other.  It doesn't make good reading
Sorry once again Cef
Anne

Did it really need 'cleaning up' as you put it?? [8)] Even if it did, I thought scunner had the last word! How the hell did you manage to obliterate it anyway???

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Aplogies to Cef
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 07:09:10 AM »
Carlan - Please stop. Ann is a moderator, Scunner is god, he entrusts moderation to the mods (and a good job they do). I think it did need cleaning up as sniping was getting it nowhere. The point of the second post was to enable those who maybe only looked in to be able to see the thread without being a member, hopefully those involved in the scam might have seen it and been worried at the strength of support Cef has but instead it was "handbags at dawn". Not the message we wanted to send out. Accidents happen.

Offline carlan

Aplogies to Cef
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 07:47:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Carlan - Please stop. Ann is a moderator, Scunner is god, he entrusts moderation to the mods (and a good job they do). I think it did need cleaning up as sniping was getting it nowhere. The point of the second post was to enable those who maybe only looked in to be able to see the thread without being a member, hopefully those involved in the scam might have seen it and been worried at the strength of support Cef has but instead it was "handbags at dawn". Not the message we wanted to send out. Accidents happen.

There is nothing immediately obvious to indicate Anne is a moderator if she is not on line, although I assumed she must be in a position to gain access to the 'back room'.
My comments were not intended as anything personal towards Anne, it was more a disappointed reaction to the loss of everyones supportive effort. I'm sorry if you thought any different Anne, I fully understand that accidents happen.
I am certain that scunner is everything a good person should be, but I think even he would agree he is not God!!!  
Also, I am fully aware of the point of cef's thread, however, as this is not cef's thread, I wouldn't have thought it unreasonable to ask Anne how she managed to wipe the board clean, as it were.
You may also have noticed, my handbag has been left securely in the closet throughout cef's campaign!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 08:09:30 AM by carlan »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Aplogies to Cef
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 08:11:08 AM »
The apology has been made, leave it at that and move on.

Tinkerman

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Aplogies to Cef
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 09:08:06 AM »
Carlan,

Anne was trying to improve the thread both for cef and for those reading. I understand that the link had been posted elsewhere so others can come and view it - and it didn't make good reading - and not for the reasons cef had hoped.

We often clean up threads, especially ones that are important to one of our members where off topic 'contributions' detract from the point in hand. To select "delete topic" instead of "delete post" is not a difficult mistake to make. I did it myself once, luckily that was a thread of lightheartedness about a mental couple being chased by a bear on Calis Beach.

As for the running of the forum, I like the idea of being "God" but I am  not. If moderators have to give me the last word, there is no point in moderators, I'd end up with everything anyway.

As in business, I stand by the decisions made 100%, I don't need to approve every last thing. When we make a mistake, we make it together  ;)

The only way to have a safety net for such things is to back up the site after every single post - and as a backup of 155,000 posts takes over an hour, it's impossible.

Cef's original thread of umpteen pages is still here, and hopefully when she starts a new one it can be bicker free.

Tinks has locked this thread and it will now go back to that, thus not allowing you the opportunity to apologise to Anne for your over reaction  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf