Author Topic: Problem at Dalaman  (Read 1677 times)

Offline allan

« on: September 04, 2008, 16:18:44 PM »
Would like to know if any other members have had problems with the Dalaman Taxi Drivers. 3 of us were travelling back to Dalaman Yesterday but my flight was landing 30 minutes after my friends. They were willing to wait for my flight so we booked a transfer for 3 people. Unfortunately only 2 names were put on the board and I was stopped from getting into the car. A taxi driver called 2 police officers over and a female security guard who spoke English came up.
A quite lengthy discussion went on and about 10 taxi drivers surrounded our car.To cut a long story short I had no choice but to get a Taxi back to Calis. The transfer people we used are TURSAB members and have all the necessary legal papers. So what's going on at Dalaman.

Alla

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Problem at Dalaman
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 16:32:04 PM »
The other taxi drivers thought the first driver was picking up two fares, which is probably not etiquete amongst them, tahts why they were upset. Take it up with Tursab.

Offline philrose

Problem at Dalaman
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:02:22 AM »
Etiquette, my ar*e! They just want to monopolise the whole private transfer business and force people to spend £50 with them rather than £30 with someone else, pure extortion.
So anyone picking up at Dalaman will now have to have the name of every passenger written on their board? I don't think so. The whole point of the boards are to identify the drivers to the person or persons being picked up, they are not a legal document!
Unfortunately there have even been incidents of Taxi drivers at Dalaman ganging up and dishing out beatings for perceived breaches of "etiquette" by other drivers.
Hopefully if enough incidents get reported the authorities will act to stamp this extortion out! But I'm not holding my breath!
Sorry to be so emotive about this, but as I see it, it's yet another Dalaman rip-off, and something else to sour visiting tourists first and last impressions of Turkey.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf