Author Topic: Bridge players  (Read 1451 times)

Offline AngelaY

Bridge players
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »
I am finding it difficult to find fellow bridge players, are you out there?  I would be prepared to teach anyone who enjoys cards and would like to learn.  (ACOL bidding system preferred but can use Standard American)

Offline Sleuth

Bridge players
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »
yes  we are out there  :-) sort of  :-) but only for three  months of the year, namely may / june  ...   sept/ october.
We are `addicts` and play ( my wife and I ) here in the UK, and a lot `on line` BCL.
We called in to the Fethiye Bridge Club about a year ago, the club is open daily from 2pm to 5/6 pm every day. They were of course all turkish, but unlike in the UK they were all  men. They were very friendly towards us ( we didnt play there ) and said please call in and play anytime.I was happy to frequent there for a couple of afternoons a week during our summer visits, but my wife declined, she said she might feel slightly uncomfortable there as it was all men, which was understandable.
So Angela, if anytime you fancy going there with  your partner next year, please make contact with us as to when, as hopefully with another woman present, my wife may partner me there :-)
Also if you get any response from any ex pats who want to play, and there is enough of them, we would be delighted to find another source of Bridge out there... providing its for `duplicate`  and not `rubber` :-)
We are average club standard players, who play basic Acol with  weak  two`s ( although I personally   prefer Benji )
please keep in touch, and tell us if you get any progress with your Bridge enquiries

Dave and Marg

Offline saklivadi

Bridge players
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:33:18 AM »
Has there been any updates on a bridge club in the Fethiye area?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf