Author Topic: Taking dogs to Turkey  (Read 3953 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Taking dogs to Turkey
« on: November 30, 2008, 16:28:10 PM »
We are hoping to be in a position to be able to move to Calis Beach next year.

I would be grateful for advice on taking our 2 collies to Turkey.

I am waiting for info from DEFRA but just wondered if anyone has done this recently & how they went about it.

Cheers,

Dave

Offline GrantT

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 16:31:03 PM »
Hi Dave

If you look in the 'Moving to Turkey' section, there have been quite a lot of questions and answers on this. I have asked a few things myself.

Good luck !

Offline Firo

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 17:31:06 PM »
We drove our dog over here in May 07. Needed Pet Passport, microchip and Defra Export license. Did not show any paperwork anywhere on the journey including landing off the ferry at Cesme.[:(!]
Frustrating and expensive but thats what you'll need to do.
Fi

Offline dumdum

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 06:39:31 AM »
also need the rabies innocs...you must check out your timing on this .If I can remember correctly. beleive six weeks before departure date ? did all paper work myself ..few hitches on timing with defra..kept me up to last minute job! also had to ring one of the consulates as wasnt on defra list (country travelling thro ) anyway as above  on firo no checking the paper work and stuff !

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
When they have the rabies jabs, they also have to have a blood test a month or so later to see if the inoculation worked.  So don't leave it till the last minute.

Offline Firo

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 08:18:50 AM »
Defra and our vet (who must be Defra registered) worked out all the timings for us so work with them and you'll find it easy.
Fi

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 12:41:41 PM »
Thanks to all for the information. One more question, can we bring 2 dogs plus 2 cats?

Dave

Offline col

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 14:36:45 PM »

I think you will find that it is one animal per person, so for 4 pets, you should need 4 people travlling.

quote:
Originally posted by albaman

Thanks to all for the information. One more question, can we bring 2 dogs plus 2 cats?

Dave

Offline ovaciksarah

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 18:47:17 PM »
flew my ridgeback over with us from Manchester to Dalaman with Thomas Cook.  Used animal international who provided the crate etc.  Couldn,t fly Turkish as she wouldn,t fit through the hold.  My vet sorted everything to correspond with the date of departure.  All papers checked in Manchester then Dalaman.

Offline caza

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
we flew our two little ones from newcastle to dalaman with thomsons and used a pet cargo carrier to help us as said above you need to be careful with your timings as you only have a short window of time to get your pets out on their flight or you have to reapply to defra and you have to accompany them on the same flight if not then its a totally different scenario with applications to the turkish consulate etc best all round if you fly with your pets

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf