Author Topic: Kargi beach  (Read 4260 times)

Offline alybaba

Kargi beach
« on: January 25, 2009, 23:42:28 PM »
Where is this as i know its near and are coming out again in june is it worth going to sounds ok from what ive seen on a website

Offline alybaba

Kargi beach
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:37:53 AM »
Take it no one has heard of it then only 2km away from calis i was told

Offline philrose

Kargi beach
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:17:41 AM »
I would say it is a bit further than 2km, more like 4 or 5, but if you keep going along the coast road, after Koca Calis/Ciflik beach you cross behind a small headland, the next beach after that headland is Kargi beach. There is a small charge to drive on to there in the summer but free if you are walking. The beach itself is long, mainly pebble, quite and undeveloped with a smaller cove beach at the start. There is also one small restaurant, just at the  start of the main beach.
Well worth a look if you fancy a change of scene, it's worth noting that the area can get quite busy on weekends when loads of local families arrive for BBQ's and picnics.

Offline Firo

Kargi beach
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:01:52 AM »
The Caretta Caretta restaurant on Kargi beach does fabulous Turkish breakfasts on the beach..glorious way to start the day in the summer :D
Fi

Offline amanda bullock

Kargi beach
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:19:55 AM »
which is the beach around the harbour on the same side as Letoonia resort?It seems to have a water slide.

Offline tel

Kargi beach
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 08:46:46 AM »
There is no charge if you tell them you are going to the restaurant as they run this barrier to the beach.  Also you could turn right earlier and access loads of beach anyway.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Kargi beach
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »
I go fishing there never pay on the bit where i fish which is the little cove by the entrance to cafe can get busy summer week ends during the week OK, nice and quite .i go along the  top road turn 2nd left after the large mosque on the cliff,1 st turn is calis next one kargi but you have to drive back to it a bit,but its worth it.

:D 8) ;)

There is no charge if you tell them you are going to the restaurant as they run this barrier to the beach.  Also you could turn right earlier and access loads of beach anyway.
[/quote]

Offline micky mouse

Kargi beach
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 15:17:29 PM »
Its swat and Helens old place, myself and billy helped to build the new resturant the year before last.Its run by memhet and Arden but i beleave that its gone down hill abit since sally left working up there.Although i must say its lovely up there in the evenings when the sun sets.

Offline alybaba

Kargi beach
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 17:37:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.will explore

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Kargi beach
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 10:01:14 AM »
been charged to go on this beach in winter, didn't go back as preffer to drive to daylan beach you pay there as well but miles better no rocks and easy for kids to swim:D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:01:57 AM by c1 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf