Author Topic: water park  (Read 4382 times)

Offline amanda bullock

water park
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 22:23:47 PM »
the water park at the grand ucel hotel is really good for the kids.It tends to be a bit cramped but you can see the kids from where ever you are.We buy a family ticket which is seperate from the hotel.It seems a bit expensive but you can be in there all day.Lunch and drinks are reasonably priced and it never seems too busy.There are shower facilities as well so we finish there,get showered and changed and go into hiss' or Ovacik for night time.good day out.ps.take a plastic bag for your wet stuff.ha ha '

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
water park
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 22:42:04 PM »
If you go in after 3pm its half price.
We normally just ask if we can pay for the kids as the adults just go to the bar, they put up a bit of an argument but we dont use the slides so dont see why we need to pay 15ytl to use their bar.
The kids love it but are a bit too young to go in on their own yet.
Paul

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
water park
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 23:11:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

quote:
Originally posted by albaman

quote:
Originally posted by amanda bullock

hi Dave,Can you wind surf then??

Not yet 8)

Dave. In the "lessons section" of the Surf Centre link, the guy shown with the tutor in the right hand photo is one of my neighbours at Violet. He has been wind surfing for 15 to 20 years. After about five weeks and over 500 quids worth of lessons he is now just able to surf propelled by the kite 8). If you can't windsurf yet then don't hold your breath:D:D He tried to persuade me to have a go but I can not take long exposure to sun with seawater on me:(. Otherwise who knows [?]
Ken :D

Hi Ken,
Thanks for info. I have been in contact with the surf ctr & I'm planning to do a "taster session" to see how I get on. It's only 2 hours so should be worth a try as I am a water lover.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
water park
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 23:28:06 PM »
quote:

Dave. In the "lessons section" of the Surf Centre link, the guy shown with the tutor in the right hand photo is one of my neighbours at Violet. He has been wind surfing for 15 to 20 years. After about five weeks and over 500 quids worth of lessons he is now just able to surf propelled by the kite 8). If you can't windsurf yet then don't hold your breath:D:D He tried to persuade me to have a go but I can not take long exposure to sun with seawater on me:(. Otherwise who knows [?] Ken :D

:D Ken, you'd probably manage, if you imagined a Russian Pole Dancer in front of you, wearing a Very short skirt! :P:D ;)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
water park
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 09:29:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cef

quote:

Dave. In the "lessons section" of the Surf Centre link, the guy shown with the tutor in the right hand photo is one of my neighbours at Violet. He has been wind surfing for 15 to 20 years. After about five weeks and over 500 quids worth of lessons he is now just able to surf propelled by the kite 8). If you can't windsurf yet then don't hold your breath:D:D He tried to persuade me to have a go but I can not take long exposure to sun with seawater on me:(. Otherwise who knows [?] Ken :D

:D Ken, you'd probably manage, if you imagined a Russian Pole Dancer in front of you, wearing a Very short skirt! :P:D ;)

I thought that would have made it harder :o

Offline Bright Eyes

water park
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 10:04:25 AM »
My fiance and I went to the Calis aqua park a couple of times last summer and loved it, we are kids at heart and easily pleased :D

It is quite pricey but if you buy something from the mini market next door they usually give away tickets for free entry.

Offline Sleuth

water park
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 10:48:13 AM »
A bit of advice if you are thinking of taking very young children to the Ovacik water park. We went there in late May last year with my grandchildren  6  and  4 years old,  and were disappointed and didnt stay as the `water amusements`   the  kiddies mini slides, and `splash pools` etc   were not up and running :-(  We asked why and we were told they only start the `kiddies water amusements`  close to the summer holiday period as there are not enough small kiddies around in May / early June and its not economical or practical running the water  for them.
So be warned :-)

Offline projexe

water park
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by albaman

Hi Ken,
Thanks for info. I have been in contact with the surf ctr & I'm planning to do a "taster session" to see how I get on. It's only 2 hours so should be worth a try as I am a water lover.

I know this is a pretty old thread - but how did your taster session go? I guite fancy giving kite surfing a try but don't have 5 weeks! (or 500 notes).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf