Author Topic: Doing our bit  (Read 3187 times)

Offline alfred

Doing our bit
« on: March 07, 2009, 19:16:43 PM »
Last May my husband and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We didnt want presents so we decided to ask people to make donations to our chosen charities, the Dogs Trust in England and the dogs & cats home in Uzumalu.
This year i have raffled an unwanted hamper and raised £90. We manage a resthome for adults with learning disabilities and the residents have all had a clear out in their bedrooms and they have given me lots of cuddley toys, puzzles, games and bits & peices to sell at  bootsale to raise more money for the centre. They are all really excited about what they have done and I have taken a photo of them to take up to the centre. We have visited the centre many times and try to take some food up each time. We think they do a fantastic job. We just thought this might give others some ideas of things they could do.

Offline kevin b

Doing our bit
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 19:41:54 PM »
Well done

Offline sugarybaba

Doing our bit
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 20:39:47 PM »
Love u to bits x
Me Garry(sugarybaba) Terrie Simon (terrie)Pauline and Andy (Tinkerman) are so glad to have you on board
Contact us if you want to be more involved with the animals of Calis and Fethiye
A great cause and very much under rated but we are becoming more of a force !!!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Doing our bit
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »
well done from me also

Offline ovaciksarah

Doing our bit
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
sugarybaba, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with any of the animals think it,s bril and well done Alfred you,re a star.

Offline alfred

Doing our bit
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 21:25:40 PM »
its a good way to raise money by doing bootfairs in england and  donating to the centre.
every little helps

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 09:02:40 AM by alfred »

Offline june

Doing our bit
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »
That a lovely and kind gesture Gill....well done, I am sure all the recipients will be more than happy with everything you have done, including the animals that is!!.

Offline chrissy452

Doing our bit
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 13:16:59 PM »
I would love to do something for the dogs and cats home in Uzumlu next time I'm over. (I presume thats the nearest home to Calis)? I'm only over for 2 weeks at the end of June, so not got a lot of time. I could take up food or donation. Is there a regular delivery of such things from the Calis area?
Any advice appreciated.

Offline terrie

Doing our bit
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 17:10:12 PM »
hi Crissy452,the home is near to calis,only takes 5 mins in car,not actually at uzumlu,but most people know it as such because its on the uzumlu road..when your over make contact with ourselves,andy(tinkerman)or sue(sugarybaba)one of us can point you in the right direction,or if i get chance take you to the center..terrie(my wife)is going to talk with perihan the owner and see if there is a possibility of doing collections at the fethiye tuesday market(they used to do this)bringing with them a few puppies and flyers about the home,any help of any kind,i know would be much appreciated.simon

Offline chrissy452

Doing our bit
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »
Thanks for your reply Simon.
I'll be sure to contact one of you when I'm over to see if anything is happening regarding collections etc, or let me know if you hear of anything before. (I will be over 23/06 for 2 weeks).
Christine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf