Author Topic: Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!  (Read 3485 times)

Offline annie64

Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« on: July 23, 2009, 14:18:38 PM »
Hi all

Really exited/nervous now (don't like flying!). Will be flying out in the morning to Calis and can't wait!  Will post some nice pics when I get back!!  Any last minute reccomendations before I jet off?  Hope the weather stays good for all of you in England  :)

Take care  8)
Ann

Offline dotty

Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 15:13:40 PM »
sat here at my computer looking out of the window its the end of july and its absolutley chucking it down 4 more sleeps then hopefully glorious sunshine calis here we come

Offline annie64

Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 15:21:18 PM »
Have a safe journey Dotty!

Offline dotty

Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 16:18:38 PM »
you also annie

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 16:22:24 PM »
Sat here - perspiring heavily - been about 42 degrees all day again  :)

Sadly flying home tomorrow but back again Septemeber and again for 6 months next year :D

Looks like both of you will be here for Sunday Lunch - I have to say having tried a few - the Er Oz - immediately on your left as you walk over the metal bridge to the sea was wonderful.

Really good quality food - served in a very nice formal manner - with a beautiful sunset to see if you sit down at 7.30pm.

That would be our "best simple tip" for you both  8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 16:42:38 PM »
Hi Annie64,

As you are 'up our end' I would try a couple of the resturants in Koca Calis. As you leave Sunset turn right instead of left and walk about 1/2 mile until you find the Mutlu, Sands Bar and The Birlik. All three allow you to use the beds for free if you buy a drink or two and the Birlik still does the best pizzas in Calis in my opinion. The Mutlu has very good food and Sands is new and a lovely setting for a drink.

Going the other way - towards Calis - you will probably pass Guven's Place. Call in and have a meal there around 7-30pm and catch the wonderful sunset. Both Guven and Carol, his wife, are lovely (but don't tell them I said that).

Enjoy your holiday.

Stoop

ps - last thing - it is a little dark walking back to your place along the beach so I would take a small torch if you can. You will probably be able to follow lights from the barbecues on the beach but as the track is used by cars a torch will make you a little more visible.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 16:43:16 PM by stoop »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 17:22:37 PM »
Enjoy Annie, oh and you Dotty,
just to add to meals we found Cafe Inn really nice,food, service, etc.:P

Offline annie64

Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 17:22:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Sat here - perspiring heavily - been about 42 degrees all day again  :)

Sadly flying home tomorrow but back again Septemeber and again for 6 months next year :D

Looks like both of you will be here for Sunday Lunch - I have to say having tried a few - the Er Oz - immediately on your left as you walk over the metal bridge to the sea was wonderful.

Really good quality food - served in a very nice formal manner - with a beautiful sunset to see if you sit down at 7.30pm.

That would be our "best simple tip" for you both  8)

Hi Ian
Many thanks for your tip...I have made a note and will definately be paying it a visit...sad you're going home but 6 months next year!!!  Lucky you.  Have a safe journey home.  :)

Offline annie64

Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 17:25:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Hi Annie64,

As you are 'up our end' I would try a couple of the resturants in Koca Calis. As you leave Sunset turn right instead of left and walk about 1/2 mile until you find the Mutlu, Sands Bar and The Birlik. All three allow you to use the beds for free if you buy a drink or two and the Birlik still does the best pizzas in Calis in my opinion. The Mutlu has very good food and Sands is new and a lovely setting for a drink.

Going the other way - towards Calis - you will probably pass Guven's Place. Call in and have a meal there around 7-30pm and catch the wonderful sunset. Both Guven and Carol, his wife, are lovely (but don't tell them I said that).

Enjoy your holiday.

Stoop

ps - last thing - it is a little dark walking back to your place along the beach so I would take a small torch if you can. You will probably be able to follow lights from the barbecues on the beach but as the track is used by cars a torch will make you a little more visible.

Thanks Stoop!  I've made a note of them all!  It's nice to explore but it's also nice to have some recomendations from loyal visitors.  Thanks also about the tip for the torch!  Take care and thanks.  :)

Offline annie64

Only 17 1/2 hrs to go!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 17:33:03 PM »
Thanks Laffa!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf