Author Topic: Help please guys  (Read 14563 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help please guys
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »
Request: "I need to find out how many complexes in Calis and Gunlukbasi operate a cafe/bar as we do on Violet"

Unhelpful answer 1: "Why?" (Farmer)

Unhelpful answer 2: "How about hiring a car?go see!only take about two weeks?????????" (captainjon)

FARMER and CAPTAINJON, 2 members who have both berated Calis Beach Forum, claiming it to be unhelpful!!! It's time to bring these smartar$e comments and anti-CBF sentiments to an end guys, and if you don't I will. We can all have a laugh AFTER the question has been answered, I've made a career out of it. If you wish to compare our community to others of a similar size (on any subject in the World) you may find, if you allow yourself to begrudgingly admit it, that we have a very warm, welcoming and helpful community here.

If you don't like the way we run CBF I can get you a quote sorted to set up your own, run the way you like it. That will cost between £700 and £1000 at special member rates. Of course, you will have to fund that as it will be your website. You'll also need to spend a lot of hours monitoring it and answering questions wherever possible, making it go again when it stops (sometimes cancelling planned days or nights out to do so) and in the unseen background answering around 20 emails a day from members who have lost their password, can't find a post they need to, or have an important question they are desperate for an answer to but don't want to ask in public. The renumeration for that sort of advice when added up for a complete year won't buy an efes, but it's all part of running a public information and advice website.

Bandwidth is high and it isn't supplied by fairies so you'll also be responsible for that out of your own pocket. 50 gigabytes of bandwidth doesn't cost a couple of quid, especially if you want the website to be there when people need it 24/7 or as close as. Take a look around for websites offering that level of bandwidth and reliably supplying it.

People will come to the community you have created and funded and attack your efforts - even though it is offered as a free facility for anyone to use and enjoy. I'm sure your shoulders are broad enough for that type of thing captainjon. You will be criticised for locking topics, and criticised for not locking topics. For being too serious and too flippant, even in the same day. Let me know if you would like to fund and create your own version of CBF just the way you think it should be run and I'll give you full details of where to send your hard earned to set it up and direct debit details for the monthly costs.

Let me say it hopefully one more time. CBF isn't perfect but the team really do want every member to enjoy every minute you spend here. Sadly because of idiot comments like the two detailed earlier in my post, this will never be possible. 6000 people can't always get on but we seem to most of the time. It's SO RICH that people like you complain about things that PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO.

I can't think of a friendly way to put this across so here goes...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE CBF OR THE WAY IT IS RUN, DON'T KEEP COMING CRITICISING IT, SOD OFF AND SET UP YOUR OWN

We're here for those who enjoy it and believe it or not, some people need it too. Constructive criticism is welcome here, indeed a lot of the forum evolved through just that. The eternal whingeing has gone on for 6 years (the same age as the forum) and I'm not interested in reading it anymore.

Finally, while I'm on the subject - captainjon: Your CBF account is being accessed by two people, and two entirely separate people are posting under your account. This is not permitted and if it happens again I'll lock you.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Help please guys
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 14:27:37 PM »
Going for the jugular or what:D

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Help please guys
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 14:30:07 PM »
Yah, the Boss is back :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help please guys
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 14:30:26 PM »
Just a little time to reflect and saying it how I feel Brian  ;)

Offline bronco

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 14:32:39 PM »
Could not be put better,some people no it all but no ****all

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help please guys
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 14:38:03 PM »
Thank you. Typical Calis ex-pat stereotypes I'm afraid, have opinions on everything that is wrong with the World but wouldn't dream  give their time or God forbid their cash to put anything right. I've read about how cr4p the forum is for years, how cr4p the Calis Carnival is, how cr4p the charity funded dogs home must be to allow a dog to escape and how cr4p everyone else is apart from their great selves.

I guess the World is full of givers and takers and I can't expect CBF to be any different  :)

Offline june

Help please guys
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 14:48:55 PM »
Yes but Boss you know there are lots more givers than takers on the CBF..........not to say its not annoying because it is......

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Help please guys
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 18:42:18 PM »
ok guys buit I'm still looking for more complexes who operate cae/bar facilities

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Help please guys
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 19:07:26 PM »
Serinkent - No

Offline farmer

Help please guys
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 20:48:40 PM »
O.K.Kieth, you are the boss.
Now tell me where I have berated this Forum and claimed it to be unhelpful. Please.
I may not agree with everything you, and and all the other members, say on this site, but I do not think I have ever " berated the site " - nor -  " claimed it to be unhelpful "
Please enlighten me.
farmer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf