Author Topic: Site Commitees  (Read 1546 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Site Commitees
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:29:15 AM »
We have recently moved to Calis & bought a villa. We are loving being here but there is one disappointment, the lack of an effective, democratic committee & leader.

There are drainage problems here at Deniz Evleri that have been known about for ages but not dealt with. There are signs of ground flooding today after one night of rain so, presumably, it gets worse in the "wet season"!

Despite several requests for a meeting it has still not taken place. Has anyone else had this problem & any advice would be welcome. We are on a predominately Turkish site which is great but presents language problems for any prospective site committee leader.

Why do people take on these positions if they lack the time, enthusiasm, & organisational skills to do the job?

Offline micky mouse

Site Commitees
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 13:32:55 PM »
We have the same problems on our site and i think the only way forward is to have an independent site management team.But thats easier said than done firstly you have to have two thirds of the votes at your annual meeting to get the present committee out.The other real problem on our site is the fact that our site fees are in access of £600 per year including my electric my fees in total for this year was 1845ytl.You can go to the notary office in fethyie and obtain a copy of the rules of your site in law,you have to pay for this,but once translated you can at least know what your rights are.Also,if you dont get any response from your requests you can go to court and have things dealt with via a judgement,but at a cost and also you need a solicitor.All in all and at the end of the day they have got us over a barrel,if i had of forseen these problems i would of never had bought on a complexe.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf