Author Topic: Noisy Dogs!  (Read 15797 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Noisy Dogs!
« on: January 21, 2010, 03:06:07 AM »
I am up typing this at 0500 as, yet again, it is impossible to sleep due to barking dogs.

Does anyone know what the procedure is to have the irresponsible owner ensure that there dog does not bark all night?

If a dog is barking incessantly it is not a happy dog, it should be attended to.

Personally, I think the owner should be fined heavily & if it continues, should have the dog removed & put down. They should also be barred from ever having another dog.

If it were a street dog then I am of the opinion that it should be put down as it is just a nuisance to everyone. The same thing should happen to aggresive dogs that roam free terrorising other dogs & people.

Offline tracey1398

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:33:59 AM »
oh dear roll on the replies to this one : :) yes there are noisy dogs about and they can be a nuisence but as far as im concerned this is turkey and i can either accept it or go back to uk and i know where im staying:D

Offline brianthegardener

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:10:39 AM »
your right tracey, its Turkiye....like you i accept the dogs and the barking...i also accept that animal aid and the local authorities are doing a lot for the street dogs.with regard to owned dogs, as far as im aware there is no procedure on barking dogs...im afraid albaman you are going to have to learn to live with it...its Turkiye.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:12:38 AM by brianthegardener »

Offline minimoo

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 06:21:39 AM »
Unfortunately it's a fact of life here that there are noises we have to get used to...dogs, cats fighting, cockerels (who don't know how to tell the time!!) the call to prayer. In the summer quite often the music from some of the bars, restaurants and hotels keeps my kids awake, but I chose to live here, so I have to deal with it.
With regards to aggressive dogs...don't think I have ever come accross one in the 5 years I have been here.

Offline philrose

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:22:43 AM »
If you report it to the Zabita they will pay a visit to your neighbour. I believe that the proceedure is first a warning and then fines if the warning is ignored.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:34:15 AM by philrose »

Offline braveheart

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 06:25:04 AM »
Albaman
Hear Hear - totally agree with your sentiments

Irresponsible owners (expatriates included) should also be put down along with the dogs
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:26:54 AM by braveheart »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 08:10:21 AM »
I'm with Albaman and Braveheart on this.  There are a couple of houses near us with barking dogs and I consider myself lucky I don't live next door to them.  In one case the dog (a kangal type) can bark all night (if the owners are in, they must be deaf).  Their Turkish neighbours have moaned to me about the noise, I am surprised they do nothing about it.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 08:10:33 AM »

quote:

Irresponsible owners (expatriates included) should also be put down along with the dogs

Whats the difference between a dog barking and and a dog barking at an intruder???

Offline Old Daffodil

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »
I do not mind the dogs barking but the frogs mating call is so annoying. One little frog can make sleeping at night impossible! :)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

quote:

Whats the difference between a dog barking and and a dog barking at an intruder???

I think the answer to that is obvious.  A burglar isnt there all night and day and some of these dogs seem to bark 24/7 [xx(]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf