Author Topic: Noisy Dogs!  (Read 15794 times)

Offline tracey1398

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
of course its not as simple as 'go home if the dogs are barking' but all i seem to hear is people moaning about dogs, roads turks,bills ect we come to turkey out of choice and if the good starts to outway the bad then perhaps its time to go home for me im staying put :)

Offline terrie

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 13:40:38 PM »
I have a husband that snores louder than any dog's bark.
Might i suggest EAR PLUGS they work really well.

Terrie.
Animal Aid.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 13:46:37 PM »
Animals as a general rule do not get put down in Turkey for religeous reasons.

With our neighbours dogs, barking at night seems to be territorial and happens when street dogs or cats appear

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 15:18:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Chinook

Animals as a general rule do not get put down in Turkey for religeous reasons.

I wonder where they stand on the subject of poisoning an animal, subjecting them to an agonizing death?

Offline AndyLin

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 15:39:10 PM »
Since the waste ground opposite our apartment has been made into a childrens park at night it has been taken over by a pack of dogs. On any given night there can be between 3 - 9 there ranging from puppies(6 month old) to older dogs and any other dog that comes into the park is in trouble. The noise in the winter is not to bad but in the summer no-one can sleep as they bark all night. We have tried to catch the puppies and the mothers but as soon as they see you coming they are off, have also tried feeding them but they just won't come near, any ideas anyone.
Lin

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 16:19:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

quote:
albaman, i agree with your first sentence, does seem a bit drastic to return to the UK just because a dog will not stop barking!!

But for albaman it is not just the dogs, he has only lived here for a few months and every time (it seems) he posts on here, it is to try and change something, his mangement of the complex, the rules regarding aquiring vehicles, now the dogs. This is Turkey, it is the turks country, they will do things their way, not how we want because we come from the UK. Even the dogs are a fact of life, in Fethiye, Calis, Uzumlu Ovacik, the turks seem to put up with it, in THEIR country. We have the dogs barking around us the cocks crowing at all hours, the call to prayer from 3 mosques within hearing distance, after a while you just don't seem to hear them any more, like living on a main road in the UK, I don't suppose the turks living in the UK try and stop the traffic at night so they can sleep.

Baz,
Your philosophy is the kind of thinking that would have kept us living in caves!
The facts:
 Our Site Manager has not had a meeting with residents for over a year.
 He still refuses to have a meeting.
 He will not produce evidence of expenditure.
 He has allowed people to not pay site fees for years.
 We have a site flooding problem that the estate agent didn't tell us about & the site mgr will do nothing about it. When I, at my own expense, paid to have my path raised & had work done to divert the water away his family decided that they would use my path to save tramping through the floods that he will not deal with.
I paid for the communal water pump to be repaired as he would not have it fixed.
I have informed him that I will not pay anything until he is accountable to the residents including me.
So Baz, is this acceptable management in Turkey or anywhere else in the world?
It seems that whatever happens, no matter how sad, unfair, or unjust it is, there are those simple minded people who will trawl out the "This is Turkey, live with it or go back to the UK." nonsense!

The vehicle registration system was a mess & took a long time to sort out. I still think it leaves open the opportunity for the authorities to pick on foreigners for offenses that go unchallenged if you have a Turkish number plate.

To summarize: I love Turkey & most Turkish people. I do not want the culture, customs, etc to change I just want a level playing field for all,

Offline Diverbaz 1

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 17:07:03 PM »
quote:
Your philosophy is the kind of thinking that would have kept us living in caves!
No Dave, as you may have realised this is not UK, progress (if any) is much slower here, god, they have only just got Burgerking,
The facts:
We have a site flooding problem that the estate agent didn't tell us about & the site mgr will do nothing about it. When I, at my own expense, paid to have my path raised & had work done to divert the water away his family decided that they would use my path to save tramping through the floods that he will not deal with.
I paid for the communal water pump to be repaired as he would not have it fixed.
I have informed him that I will not pay anything until he is accountable to the residents including me.
Probably not, but I don't live on a complex because I read about these thing happening before I moved here, as should everybody before making such a big move.
It seems that whatever happens, no matter how sad, unfair, or unjust it is, there are those simple minded people who will trawl out the "This is Turkey, live with it or go back to the UK." nonsense!
No, not nonsense FACTS about living in Turkey as opposed to being on holiday, THIS is TURKEY.

The vehicle registration system was a mess & took a long time to sort out. I still think it leaves open the opportunity for the authorities to pick on foreigners for offenses that go unchallenged if you have a Turkish number plate.
I have lived here now just over 2 years, I bought a car and had it on the road within 6 days of being here, Last year we bought a scooter for Kaz, 1 day after it was on the road. I don't feel I get picked on by the police, I have been stopped but just routine stuff, as someone said before, I think sometimes the ME plate allows US to get away with stuff.

To summarize: I love Turkey & most Turkish people. I do not want the culture, customs, etc to change I just want a level playing field for all,

I don't really think you do like Turkey, you like the thought of liking Turkey, you don't seem to accept the fact it is not the UK it is Turkey, they have their rules which we have to live by, not try and change because it doesn't suit your view.

As I said, I have been here for just over the 2 years, have done everything as required by the Turks, yes it takes longer to do some things and can be frustrating, but hey!! I'm retired I have all the time in the world, I do not sit around in bars everyday, so I'm not going to miss the latest piece of gossip because I am trying to sort out residency, driving license, reg plates etc etc.
Just chill, de-stress thats what living here is about.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 17:11:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

quote:
No Dave, as you may have realised this is not UK, progress (if any) is much slower here, god, they have only just got Burgerking,
The facts:
Probably not, but I don't live on a complex because I read about these thing happening before I moved here, as should everybody before making such a big move.
No, not nonsense FACTS about living in Turkey as opposed to being on holiday, THIS is TURKEY.

I have lived here now just over 2 years, I bought a car and had it on the road within 6 days of being here, Last year we bought a scooter for Kaz, 1 day after it was on the road. I don't feel I get picked on by the police, I have been stopped but just routine stuff, as someone said before, I think sometimes the ME plate allows US to get away with stuff.

I don't really think you do like Turkey, you like the thought of liking Turkey, you don't seem to accept the fact it is not the UK it is Turkey, they have their rules which we have to live by, not try and change because it doesn't suit your view.

As I said, I have been here for just over the 2 years, have done everything as required by the Turks, yes it takes longer to do some things and can be frustrating, but hey!! I'm retired I have all the time in the world, I do not sit around in bars everyday, so I'm not going to miss the latest piece of gossip because I am trying to sort out residency, driving license, reg plates etc etc.
Just chill, de-stress thats what living here is about.

:-)Keep your hair on baz :-)

Offline maximumtom

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 18:37:08 PM »
I would like to make two points.
Firstly, I cannot accept the argument that you keep your mouth shut about something you think is wrong just because you are living in a different country.  Cultures evolve by taking on improvements from ‘invaders'; the UK is a prime example of that. Debate is necessary and is different from whingeing.
Secondly, I do a lot of running around the area. I have never had any trouble with street dogs; only dogs out with their ‘responsible' owners.

Offline hydeaway

Noisy Dogs!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 19:02:04 PM »
dont start this lot off about dogs they love them out there

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf