Author Topic: Tour of Turkey  (Read 1868 times)

Offline alybaba

Tour of Turkey
« on: April 15, 2010, 00:11:32 AM »
Does anyone know if the cycling teams are coming through Calis on there way to the finish in Fethiye going to watch on Eurosport 1-3pm British time as i am not out yet

Offline Old Daffodil

Tour of Turkey
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:57:37 AM »
The route they are going to take is shown in the Fethiye Times online. It does look like it will be going to part of Calis (the road to Migros). :)Through Katagedik.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:12:51 AM by Daffodil »

Offline hubblebubbles

Tour of Turkey
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 19:27:42 PM »
I have to say I was very impressed with the organisation of this event I was in Fethiye this morning as they were erecting all the barriers and cameras etc and you could feel the excitement from the people involved Unfortunately couldnt stay long enough to watch the actual race as I was renewing my visa but even the police were watching the race on television in the afternoon  Well done to Fethiye

Offline marjo

Tour of Turkey
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 20:16:00 PM »
Yes it passed by the end of our street on the way through Calis, we went down to watch & Mark was waving a Carnival flag as they passed!! We then rushed back home to see the riders enter Fethiye on Eurosport! It was weird because I could see & hear their yellow helicopter flying around outside & watch the images it was taking on my TV! It was for this race last year that they removed the Dolphin roundabout if you remember? Obviously the new road juction didn't cause them any problems this year.

Offline AndyLin

Tour of Turkey
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 07:00:38 AM »
I videoed it while I was watching for outside Tansas, will rewatch to see if I can see you with the flag. I was on for about 2 seconds.

Have just watched the tape and yes I can see you waving the flag, only the back of you seen but you are giving the flag a good wave, Andy think I saw you, what colour top did you have on.
Lin
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:59:14 AM by AndyLin »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Tour of Turkey
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:03:38 AM »
and I was standing next to him:D

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Tour of Turkey
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 00:39:47 AM »
Currently watching the rerun of stage six from Fethiye to Finike and listening to the Eurosport commentator moron[:(!] Is Finike a bigger and better known port than Fetee (his pronunciation) as I had never heard of it before last years race[?] Maybe I'm the moron:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf