Author Topic: The moaner has moved on.  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Jim Fraser

The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 17:59:22 PM »
Me thinks his TA review will be removed very shortly
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 18:00:14 PM by Jim Fraser »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 18:17:47 PM »
The strange World of a man who thinks 7000 of us are wrong  - we all know Calis is rubbish but he's the only one brave enough to say it.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 19:43:10 PM »
What a nasty person this is, thank goodness he did not stay as a member who needs people like this.  I pity the next place he visits... Good name Bannockburn.. I think he is still fighting battles with everyone.

Offline dulux

The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 19:50:44 PM »
I doubt that any holiday this guy has been on would get a good review. He seems the kind of guy that likes to find fault in everything.The word to**er comes to mind  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 20:02:57 PM »
I wonder what his review might have been if he'd visited in 2002 - many members will remember it was way scruffier, way less conscious on health & safety and what roads there were spent most of 2003 dug up! Then I think, what would he have made of Calis in the 1980s when mad pioneers like laffa and cavfan/jukebox first found it?! I wish I'd seen it then. I'd love to see a bit of cine film from back then, when Calis finished at the bridge!

And just for the record, when it comes to getting Calis ready for the season, some years are harder than others :D

I hope you enjoyed that post (about a scruffy little resort) :D

Offline tiddly winks

The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 20:09:09 PM »
Just looked at it. Shame I missed it all on his post here!
But the worrying thing I've noticed on it is that 5 people have found the review helpful. While there are more nicer reviews, this eejits review is at the top which doesn't help.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 20:15:07 PM »
Means him and 5 people like him (4 probably, one will be him) might not try Calis. He wasn't going to again anyway and the others are sheep. Some loss!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 23:14:29 PM »
He's the odd one out by the looks of the other posters on TA.

Offline Nick

The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:38 AM »
The fact that five people have found the review helpful is rather deceptive. It all relates to the weird and not so wonderful way that the TA review system works.

If you look further, all the comments on his review actually give it a score of one out of five in terms of helpfulness, so I presume may be some of you had hoped to show your disapproval of what he said by giving him a low score. As there is no way of giving a negative score, so everybody's comment on a review is recorded as helpful or positive. (I hope that makes sense, I haven't had enough coffee yet)

So, unfortunately, on first glance this just shows that five people found it helpful (albeit not much)rather than inaccurate or incorrect.

There used to be a way of registering a negative opinion of a review but that has been removed by TA. So that is openess and fairness for you. Under these circumstances it seems quite inappropriate for him to criticise CBF.

The only way to counter it is to write another review or use the 'report problem with review' button.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:58:11 AM by Nick »

Offline june

The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 09:34:44 AM »
He is not worth the effort Nick, we all know and thats good enough for 7000 members/people.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf