Author Topic: 1st time in calis beach  (Read 3812 times)

Offline aaronsgaga

1st time in calis beach
« on: July 15, 2011, 17:34:44 PM »
hi just joined your forum been reading it all afternoon no housework done 2 day oh well  there are 13 of us coming out in sep for my 50th bithday  staying at the camillia apartments not sure were there at or near but any info would be very appreciated from whats a pide to doluman stops do they stop near our apartments and can i get 1 to the market as i have walking difficultys so thank you all any info  most helpful

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
1st time in calis beach
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 17:41:06 PM »
Welcome to CBF, hope you spend many more housework free Fridays because of us  ;)

Here's a starter for you, I posted a map with Camelia highlighted with a big yellow 'O' - I'm sure you'll be happy there, quite central, quiet, clean.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}41100&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=camelia

Offline bells

1st time in calis beach
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 17:57:08 PM »
You will love Camillia appartments, very friendly run by Dede and his brother Fret.  We have known Dede for some time now, really nice guy. My family have stayed there when our villa has been full.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
1st time in calis beach
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 17:58:31 PM »
have a great time nice place camillia apartments

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
1st time in calis beach
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 19:40:51 PM »
Pide is Turkish style pizza, has a very thin crust & is yummy!

The dolmus will stop anywhere en route, just stick your hand out.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
1st time in calis beach
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 19:55:54 PM »
Market is on Sunday, get there early as it gets hot later on.  I would recommend the Roka Restaurant for a lovely breakfast at 10 lira. It's opposite the market entrance.  If you have walking difficulties I am sure you will be able to catch a dolmus up to the market, just follow the crowds on Sunday.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
1st time in calis beach
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 20:00:52 PM »
The market is only a few hundred metres from Camelia, obviously I don't know how far you can comfortably walk but that's the distance anyway  :)

Offline aaronsgaga

1st time in calis beach
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 10:52:41 AM »
oh my goodness  25 more sleeps woopwoop  so looking 4ward 2 it  been trying to get in touch with camelia  apartments but not getting reply i am taking my daughter with me present for her 30th and i booked an apartment in the same place for her and friend but now another friend is going as the apartment is 1 bedroom do u think it would be possible for the 3 of them to all go into gether that is why i have been e-mailing dede dont want to just arrive  i know there would probibly be a charge byt thats ok any1 help a lot to ask i know but oppinions would be greatful thank you

Offline kizkucuk

1st time in calis beach
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 16:53:24 PM »
You will have a fantastic time and Calis is nice and flat so easy going on the legs.  The market does get warm but in September it shoudln't be too bad - it's open until early evening so plenty of time to stroll up and have a look.   There are dolmuses to the market on a Sunday you just stick your hand out and they stop.  There is also a big market on Tuesday in Fethiye if anyone with you fancies some serious market shopping.  Start counting sleeps  :-)

Offline margienmac4ever

1st time in calis beach
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 12:38:40 PM »
Have just come back from 2 weeks in the Camelia Apartments, although basic they are cleaned everyday, with towels and bedding changed almost everyday by Sabush.  Dede is brilliant and Roses food is delicious, the bbq night was great and food the best we've ever had at any bbq. Would definitely recommend the place, roll on next year.
Margie xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf