Author Topic: Calis beach fair  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Pi55y

Calis beach fair
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 20:22:10 PM »
Thanks Supercabby for your input.

For agingdave's information the Calis Children's Charity are the organisers of the Christmas Fair.

Firstly, to set things straight, there are two restaurants attached to Dennis the Menace.  As Nicholas Homes frontage where the 3C's normally locate Santa's grotto no longer exists this year, as part of the area has been let to Moussaka restaurant, the 3C's, as organisers  of the Christmas fair, need to seek an alternative central location for Father Christmas's grotto and the only area that is available and empty under cover that can be got ready the night before the event is the empty area of Dennis next to Cafe Soul.  We have spoken to Dennis and he has no problem in us using this area,

Our sponsors, Pera organisation, have to work throughout the night to get this area ready for father Christmas's grotto, and cannot do their work in an area that is being used as a restaurant. Dennis is the only suitable area central on the promenade.

As members of Embrace know well, the 3C's stalls have to be located next to the grotto as we have have to sort out Santa, the sound system and everything else connected with running the fair.

When we plan the event we have  tried very hard not to locate similar stalls next to each other. In this instance, to alleviate any problems we intend to locate our tombola stall as far away as possible from the Embrace tombola stall as near as possible to Santa in the left hand side of the Dennis next to Cafe Soul. We are planning to locate the Embrace stall as far away as possible from us in the second part of Dennis next to Moussaka as when they booked  they requested that they be located in Dennis so we have tried to comply with their wishes.

I personally do not see this as a problem for either of our charities as the 3C's  have always been located next door to Embrace in Nicholas Homes area for the last 3 years and this distance is no further away than we are located this year.

Also, please do not forget that the nearer that Embrace are located to Santa's grotto which is the central point of the whole fair, the better (and hopefully busier)  it is for them.  Also,we do provide Embrace (and all other charities) with a free stall.

I really do not see what the problem is. At the end of the day both our charities are trying to enhance the life of children in the local area and there should be no animosity between our two charities

It all seems very petty to me and if agingdave thinks that he can do a better job in organising what could be 150+ stalls than he is welcome to try.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis beach fair
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 20:32:10 PM »
Sadly AgingDiv has deleted his opening post and idiotic replies and as the topic now makes sense due to his childish behaviour, he has been removed. I guess when he said in his opening post "I would welcome people's thoughts" he meant "I would welcome people's thoughts assuming they all agree with me" - which sadly for him, nobody did.

Please can all members be absolutely sure - if you start deleting your posts, you will be gone. It is immature and leaves a topic that is impossible to follow in later times. If you have something to say, be man (or woman) enough to stand by it, not rub it out and run away!!!

Offline Eric

Calis beach fair
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 20:52:24 PM »
It makes enough sense to know that Agingdave has made an absolute ???? of himself and has damaged the reputation of Embrace.

Offline Julesp

Calis beach fair
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 21:39:54 PM »
Was very confused seeing the Debates But not what the original post was!!

But, reading between the lines and for my moneys worth, As most people know, I work for Fig and of course they are my priority as a charity here,
 BUT, I always support the other charities, I have every respect for CCCs, Animal Aid, Embrace and Uzumulu Ladies and all the Turk Charities, Everyone is working and giving their time for the same thing, To make lives better for who or whatever you are raising money for, it isnt easy, especially with all the laws and regulations here.
 Fundraising is much more difficult here than if done in the Uk

So whatever the original post was about, Which I suspect was a gripe about CCCs Xmas Fair, unless you are willing to join and help Please keep your feelings to yourself

Offline Pi55y

Calis beach fair
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 21:56:05 PM »
Well said Julesp.  At the end of the day it's Christmas - a time for good will - whats the problem???????????

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis beach fair
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 22:01:39 PM »
No problem now - shall I lock this?

Offline Pi55y

Calis beach fair
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 22:03:03 PM »
Yes please Keith

Share me