Author Topic: Rimms move to Calis  (Read 5333 times)

Offline Captain Squiffy

• Mr Permafrost
  • Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 22:32:35 PM »
Welcome to you both. We have been waiting for you to arrive. Come and join us for the best coffee in Calis on Friday morning at the shop and maybe the fun quiz at 2.30. You both are just the sort of people that our community needs.

Best wishes and tell us if you need any help with anything.
Pete and Chrissie. xxx

Offline Pi55y

Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 06:24:22 AM »
Hi George and Chris, really glad that you finally made it.  As Pete said if you need any help with anything just let us know.  Looking forward to seeing you both very soon :D.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 17:16:41 PM »
Keith, can't believe you had that picture of me when I used to teach Turkish dancing to earn extra pocket money !

Would you believe it, just as we got here and the sun started to shine ( it was glorious today) we have both picked up a cold and chest infection ! We were meant to meet up with some friends last night but felt too rough, anyway, we have only just left the starting grid and there is still plenty of the race to run.

We have been out all day again in Fethiye buying things for the house and the feelings we have are just as exciting as when we did this 10 years ago when we first bought the house, the difference being that we are so much more confident now, for instance today, we went into a shop that sold curtains and blinds, the shop keeper did not speak a word of English but we managed to pick our blinds and ended up with him running us home to measure up, we agreed a price and installation date ( I think !! ) years ago I would have worried about doing such a thing, but today, I just thought that this was a real experience and laughed to myself that we had achieved such a small thing without anyone needing to hold our hands.

We have allowed ourselves 2 weeks holiday to kick off our stay here, this finishes ( allegedly) on March 18th, so on that basis we have just watched the sunset on Calis front while having a fish meal in the Mendos ( food was excellent by the way) it is a Raki and sprite nightcap now in Dennis the Mennace bar (and use of wireless) before we head home and make out our 'To Do' list for tomorrow. We have a lot to do in turning the holiday home into a family home, on the face of it that seems a simple and straight forward task, believe me, there is a little more to it than that. I keep saying to Chris 'Baby Steps' which is what we are taking each day.

Once again thanks all for the warm welcome, it's off home now as our dolmas awaits.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 17:22:52 PM »
Well done and enjoy your new life in Calis  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 17:24:56 PM »
George, if you need any help or running around anywhere please let me know, probably see you over the weekend.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 17:38:10 PM »
George probably will need a lift Tink if he is waiting for a dolmas ;)

Offline PeteM

Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »
Good luck to you both, really hope it works out for you.  Sign me up for the belly dancing lessons!!  See ya in April. Let us knonw how things are going on Serenkent. Pete and Kathy

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Rimms move to Calis
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 20:12:33 PM »
All the best for the future.

Bruce.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf