Author Topic: Dolmus Fares  (Read 4807 times)

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
Dolmus Fares
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 08:49:24 AM »
Brill thank you :-)

Offline Phil

Dolmus Fares
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »
It would be very tempting to add a post to this thread that says .....

"This price rise will kill the resort of Calis as we know it and I hope that the drivers will be giving some discount to all the people that have kept the whole dolmus system going through the winter ....."

but I don't think it would be good idea .........

Offline jarnie

Dolmus Fares
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 20:19:42 PM »
Great post phil made me laugh

Offline busybee

Dolmus Fares
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 13:29:44 PM »
Our bus going into town (the one that starts at the old peoples home accross the river) was still 1.50TL and coming back caught the calis/gunlukbasi which was 2TL.[?]

Offline magsyoung11

Dolmus Fares
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 19:37:05 PM »
Having just returned from my first visit to Turkey (Calis Beach) I was amazed at how cheap the dolmus fares were!!! Even at 2tlr they are still VERY cheap compared to what we pay in the UK.....excellent value!!!

Offline apollo

Dolmus Fares
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 20:57:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by magsyoung11

Having just returned from my first visit to Turkey (Calis Beach) I was amazed at how cheap the dolmus fares were!!! Even at 2tlr they are still VERY cheap compared to what we pay in the UK.....excellent value!!!

We are not in the UK and prices are relative to local conditions.

I once had a conversation with a waiter (yes I know) in Antalya. He was talking about having to bike to and from work. I said why not use the Dolmus.

At the time bread was 25kurus and Dolmus fares were 1 lira. His reply was "Yes I could use the Dolmus but the cost is equivalent to 4 loaves of bread and I have a family to feed.

Offline philrose

Dolmus Fares
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 04:34:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by busybee

Our bus going into town (the one that starts at the old peoples home accross the river) was still 1.50TL and coming back caught the calis/gunlukbasi which was 2TL.[?]

Sorry but it's not, was on it yesterday and it had notices everywhere saying the new fare is 2TL........

Offline johntaylor49

Dolmus Fares
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 16:24:51 PM »
Aha, an old peoples home, do they take foreigners?

I am retiring soon and anything that can save me a few Lire to
spend on Efes and my special edition of playboy in braille would be welcome:D

Well, the Dolmus is great value, but, what wouold spoil Turkey is if like other places prices rose to capitalise on tourists putting presuure on the local people, who then need higher wages. so prices rise and the prices for tourists rise pussting pressure on the local people who then need higher wages ---------------------------------------------

It is not meanness to complain about price rises, but conserving a good way of life for all!

eeeh I remember when you could get Tram to Market, buy a whole side
of beef, go and drink 10 pints, fish and chips for 10 people and get Tram back for a Pound!:D

Meldrew

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Dolmus Fares
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
Definitly 2tl for dolmus Calis - Fethiye, 4.50 Fethiye - Olu Deniz, and 3.75 Fethiye to Ovacik/Hisaronu.
1TL for council bus Calis - Fethiye
:D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Dolmus Fares
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »
There is also an indi bindi price for those who want to hop on and off just a couple of stops. If Barb says she paid that price 1.50 then she paid 1.50tl. The price of deisal here is horrendous. I know I need to drive a car here and the dolmus drivers do try to keep the prices as low as they can for as long as they can to help the local Turkish. Fethiye and Calis areas are not always about tourism. This is a working town for a quarter of the year.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:08:40 AM by mercury »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf