Author Topic: The not so nice side of Calis  (Read 10679 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: The not so nice side of Calis
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 15:55:15 PM »
Thanks everyone.  We are absolutely fine, have dealt with worse in me pub days lol

Offline Baznshir

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 17:12:38 PM »
Scunner is right, this side of Calis has been around for a long time and when Shirley and I had our do back in 2005, nobody wanted to believe us. Back then there used to always be three detectives on duty in Calis, as well as the police I don't know if that is the case today. When we are out there, we see two coppers come along Migro's road, on a moped, every night, a very inadequate force for a busy resort. Something needs to be done.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 17:43:52 PM »
I think Scunner is totally right Calis is no longer the quaint little haven it once was, I have only been going for 6 years but have noticed changes in those years.
Some people who were renting an apartment on our complex (first visit to Calis) let their 16 and 17 year old lads stay out on their own after they had all had a meal with an agreed time to be back home, when the parents were walking back they saw too separate Turkish men on mopeds talking on mobiles in different locations (I forget where she said but i think one was the newish concrete bridge)anyway it made her and her husband feel really uncomfortable so they came back for a few hours but went down to meet their lads much to the boys disappointment!Also my neighbour asked us one morning whether their dog had woke us around 1.30am it hadn't but the neighbour said he only barks like that when someone who should not be is around (he never makes a murmer at us) so my neighbour let him bark, they got a dog as a result of being burgled within days of moving out to Turkey, we said we were more then happy to have the dog bark if it meant it was scarying someone off! 
Obviously this is totally different to being out and about and being targeted with eggs being thrown at you what can you do?  Nowadays I am on my guard so much and would definetely not not have any security bars.
Glad you and your hubby are ok Anne  :)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
The not so nice side of Calis
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 18:09:11 PM »
Now as a resident, can I buy a gun?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 18:36:45 PM »
Yes.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 18:49:07 PM »
yes you can rimms. but you can only shoot a person threating you, turk or whatever nationality from the waist down. no rude comments please.  ;)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 19:25:12 PM »
Sorry to hear of you bad experiences Anne. What a shock after all these carefree years. Take care and look after yourselves.
When we syayed at the Pelin, I was a nervous wreck walking back along the road, especially as most of the lights are out. I always carried a large stone in my hand just in case.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
The not so nice side of Calis
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 19:46:10 PM »
yes you can rimms. but you can only shoot a person threating you, turk or whatever nationality from the waist down. no rude comments please.    ;)

So if some scumbag rides up on a bike, grabs my wife's bag, demands money or throws a missile at me, I can shoot them from the waist down?

RESULT !

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 20:20:00 PM »
I absolutely hate that Pelin road at nighttime so glad I am not the only one Toky, that is a great idea carrying a stone as you just never know and at least you would have a bit of a chance being armed. A few years back and this is not hearsay, people I know where going out and it was just starting to get dark, a Turkish man was sat on a moped at the end of that road with his oh what do I call it on here well you will all know what I mean doing you know what to himself, my friends friend was so shocked she punched him in the face as she was so cross that he could be sat there doing that, he had quite a job putting it away and staying on the moped and then for good measure she ran up and punched him again!then the shock sat in by the time they arrived at the bar they were both in shock and so glad that they had not been alone!

Offline patrice

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 20:25:14 PM »
Sorry I know this is a serious subject but ....Karennina I am still laughing at your last post .Brilliant  ;D 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf