Author Topic: leather shops  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Ally B

leather shops
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »
We are in Calis next week and my wife is looking for a blazer type leather jacket.I only know of one shop would be keen to get advice on others.

Offline George Warner

Re: leather shops
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:23:48 AM »
Lots around the Paspatur area in Fethiye we bought one for our fussy son-in-law from Turenc  leather from there, he was well pleased,
Also,in Calis the lady tailor by the Guitar Bar has some,don't know how good they are

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:09 AM »
Agree, lots of shops around Paspatur,   We bought leather jackets about 6-7 years ago, but found they were not cheap then.  The prices do seem to be really high.  We checked out a shop a couple of weeks ago.  It was above the Bus Station in Fethiye.  Prices where a joke, all in euros and most around 1200 eu each.  Megri Leather in Paspatur are asking similar prices, again in euros.
The best bargain we had was last year in Kalkan when my husband got a leather jacket in B.&.G. Leather it was reduced to £100.00.  We where in the shop last month and they had a sale on and the jackets where reasonable priced.
I have to say, that there are better bargains and really good quality jackets in the U.K.  I bought a Michael Kors leather jacket in T.X.Maxx it was greatly reduced and really lovely soft leather.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
There's a shop in Fethiye ( well there was in May ! ) that makes to order. You pick your colour and design.
I can't remember exactly where but think it was on the back road beside the mosque and bus station.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
Turkey is no longer a bargain place to buy Leather, I find many UK outlets cheaper and better Quality, as Jacqui says, keeping your eyes open in places like TK Maxx or if you live near enough to a Boundary Mills outlet best bet.

I found the USA excellent value for leather, (must be all that Steak they eat!).

Meldrew

Offline Greet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
same here we 're going next week and wife wants a leather coat, perhaps Ally B our wives should go shopping together!

Offline dycedon

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
Tere is a good little leather shop if you come of at the dolmus terminus behind the mosque, head towards paspatur and past the cobblers shop and just before you hit the mulberry tree the shop is on the left hand side, i think it is not long opened.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf