Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 4799 times)

Offline anghat

• Newly Registered
Travel Insurance
« on: July 24, 2013, 13:08:46 PM »
Can anyone recommend a company with reasonable prices for someone who has a medical condition.  Thought I was going to have to cancel our holiday as hubby had been in hospital and wasnt sure he would be able to fly but Consultant has said yes.  Dare not do the not declaring bit just in case anything does go wrong!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 13:26:55 PM »
I use American Express Travel insurance with a few pre-existing conditions and their family policy is very good and certainly wasn't the most expensive. In fact, when I added the pre-existing details, a surcharge of a mighty £0.00 was added to the price! I'm in year 3 with them now, they auto-renew (something I hate normally) but it's always around the same price as previously so I'm happy with that. Never needed to claim (thank God) but would expect Amex to deliver if needed.

I'll dig out a website link for you.

Also try Staysure Insurance - www.staysure.co.uk - also well recommended for pre-existing.

Amex: https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/personal/travel-insurance/travel-insurance.shtml

Offline anghat

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 13:32:02 PM »
Thanks for that I will check them out later  :)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 14:35:55 PM »
I have been doing the rounds for insurance myself past few days as the boss' [haha] policy is due to expire end august and he must have cover for his medical condition. Shocked as current insurer wants almost £1000 to renew :'(  So I have just found payingtoomuch.com thats who I will be using   :)

Offline daveG

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 20:52:05 PM »
One of the problems as I see it is unfortunately, age!! my elder "boss" this year reaches the grand old age of 70!!!and although our government is only too happy to increase retirement ages (presumably inferring that we will be still capable to work) the insurance company's think that we are in the process of keeling over!! and have great delight in increasing the costs! Forget all the years of no claims they can't possibly have any bearing on this!! 
Going onto medical conditions!!!....  : :) 

Offline daveG

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 20:55:28 PM »
p.s .Dependant on age you could try Avanti

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 23:14:36 PM »
If you had insurance before the medical condition was known to you (don't know if that is the case) I would expect the insurance company to still cover you.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 23:17:10 PM »
If you had insurance before the medical condition was known to you (don't know if that is the case) I would expect the insurance company to still cover you.
By the way we use Atlas Insurance, about £55 annual platinum cover for family with NO excess + about £50 for wife's chronic asthma cover as pre existing condition.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 09:36:59 AM »
I have used Columbus for travel insurance for the last few years as they seem to be the most reasonable for people with pre-existing medical conditions, have a look at them on line for a quote.

Offline linjim

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 18:49:34 PM »
We have used saga for the last few years and found them very reasonable

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf