Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 4800 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 19:27:34 PM »
This year Mrs B found Tesco to be the cheapest ....... Annual insurance cover for both of us £72

Hope this helps

The Badgers

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 09:48:26 AM »
We use http://www.columbusdirect.com/ they are good for long stays of 6 months with pre existing medical conditions. About £1000 for up to 80 years old and £1600 over 80. It's no fun growing old.

Don

Offline hillside

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 09:58:49 AM »
If you had insurance before the medical condition was known to you (don't know if that is the case) I would expect the insurance company to still cover you.

Unfortunately thats not the case. If there is any change in your medical condition between taking out the policy and the date of flying you are obliged to inform the insurance company and they can -  and will - load the premium. We recently found Insure & Go (light) the cheapest. The 'light' policy covers you for little else other than medical costs.

Offline mallyc

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 18:34:07 PM »
The Insurance company we use since my wife had her stroke that left her wheelchair bound is Allclear travel insurance, like everyone has said, you do have to declare everything.

Offline anghat

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 21:32:59 PM »
Just looked on moneysupermarket and its nearly as much as the holiday cost to insure him!!! Thinking I should leave him home  :) Off to search some of your suggestions now 8)

Offline anghat

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 22:28:50 PM »
At last looks like I have actually found someone who will insure him, all the suggested companies didn't want to know!!  Medici Travel has anyone insured with them?

Offline sunlover

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 08:22:56 AM »
I have never head of them, but as long as you have done your research and they read well , then go for it .

Offline Tineathers

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 14:55:38 PM »
I used to use Staysure, then they wouldn't insure me so went to Direct travel but this year they wanted an extra £100 for the same pre-existing conditions so now with Amex.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 10:21:55 AM »
I used SAGA previously because they covered my condition, then the price went up so I tried Tesco and that was quite good but this last time I used insure and go and they also covered my condition and were cheapest, I think it is like anything, "you gotta switch" to get the best deal!

Offline pstevens

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 21:52:34 PM »
Hi all just isured myself with insure and go quad bypass 6 months ago all the cover i will need and a 60£ excess for 43£ well pleased

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf