Author Topic: Brian James  (Read 54236 times)

Offline kaptainkrunchie

Re: Brian James
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 16:39:21 PM »
scunner, did I put a post up a wee while ago about this conman opening up as a financial advisor? Can't seem to find it. Or did I just dream I posted?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 16:45:44 PM »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 18:09:53 PM »
If any Members have ANY info regarding this "gentleman's" nefarious actions, no matter how insignificant they may consider it to be, or in which activity, please could they let me have this info, by way of private message. I can assure any Members forwarding any such information, that there will be no repercussions for them. Thank you in advance.
Keith, if this post is in breach of Forum Rules, please accept my apology, and feel free to either move it, or remove it, in it's entirety. 

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 19:00:36 PM »
i like it Gordon                                                 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 20:33:31 PM by Anne »

Offline kundry

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 18:06:00 PM »
Maybe an invite to Peter in Cornwall friend/adviser to Brian James to join CBF and explain the predicament. Maybe Peter is already a member.

Thank you for this suggestion loz.

I have known this person for some 30 years, so I hope that it will be accepted that I am likely to know far more than anybody else on this forum about him.

Firstly, I can confirm that his name is Brian James Chambers. I have seen his passport that verifies this.

I can also confirm that he is not working illegally, but with the knowledge and full consent of the authorities. As is well known, he is not permitted to leave the country and he has to survive as best he can. It could well be another two years before he will be able to leave (to his intense relief, I might add).

There is absolutely no way in which he can be accused of being a conman, fraudster, or any other illegal  dishonest act. He is almost 59 and if he was I am quite sure that he would have many criminal convictions for that by now. I can confirm that he has no such convictions.

I believe that at some point there were accusations of mortgage fraud in Spain and that was why he relocated to Turkey.
He has only ever been to  Spain three times. On each occasion he was with me on property inspections trips for a week or less.
His involvement in property only began in early 2007 when he attended a property exhibition in Bournemouth. It was there that he met an emlak who offered him a job in Dalaman. Only when he had been there for a couple of weeks did the emlak turn around and tell him that he could not employ him as it was illegal to work there.

As a result of this he answered an advert to live in a show house near Tlos for a reasonable rent, on condition that he showed prospective purchasers around it. This was how he came to be involved in property rentals in Fethiye as by that time he had run out of funds to be able to return to the UK.

Rumours also abound about a sizeable income that he is due from October and I can also confirm this, although it is more likely to be December. This will be a regular monthly income and comes about, not from some fraudulent act, but from introducing me to a prominent businessman with whom I am about to conclude an extremely lucrative deal.

Some six months or so ago an offer was made to meet his antagonists before an upstanding member of the community, so that any problems could be resolved. Not one person chose to take up this offer, either individually or through a representative. Excuses such as fear of intimidation were given but I am quite certain that somebody could have been found to represent them.

It goes without saying that there are a great number of posts on this forum that can only be described as grossly defamatory. If there is anybody who can produce admissible evidence to substantiate (i.e. "justify" ;) them, then would they please provide me with a copy of a sworn affidavit to that effect, and I shall ensure that the matter is thoroughly investigated. I know of one particular emlak whose business is likely to be seriously affected by this false allegations. He has now consulted his lawyer, and I am certain that there will be repercussions

Nobody can deny that Brian's manner can upset many people, but this is not illegal, merely unfortunate. At the end of the day all that he has been attempting to do is to make enough money to survive during his enforced stay in Turkey. Unbeknown to many people, he has suffered enormous hardship at times, and the consequent stress levels are bound to be reflected in his behaviour.

It is unfortunate that he has not been permitted to say anything in his own defence. This is surely a breach of the rules of natural justice?

If anybody wishes to approach me direct with any specific complaint of a perceived illegal activity I am prepared to investigate it on their behalf. My email address is klingsor123@gmail.com. If for some reason I am not permitted to publish this, Scunner has the details and also my personal telephone number. If such a person is ever in West Cornwall, they are welcome to call around and discuss anything personally with me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 18:24:16 PM »
A few points from the 600 I could write about your cockroach of a friend.

1. He has been posting about coming into money for years on end, every October that I can remember - indeed he refers to it coming imminently in 2011 on his own Facebook page, you can look today and see that. No surprise he has a reputation for being a bit of a story teller (and that's putting it nicely).

2. He is working illegally as far as I understand. Can you post a copy of his work permit to prove this as incorrect or withdraw that comment.

3. I have in my possession several documents written by several single women who confirm they have been threatened and bullied by Chambers - yet none from any men. Is this part of the "not illegal just unfortunate" nature of the man you excuse his behaviour with?

4. Why is he not permitted to leave Turkey? People looking to pay for holiday villas would be interested to know why, before they send their hard earned money to him.

5. I understand he has served time in prison in Turkey. For the same reason as in point 4, could you confirm whether this is true, and if so, for what reason?

6. Can you ask him, when all he wants to do is "to make enough money to survive during his enforced stay in Turkey", where blocking people on Facebook then starting vendettas against them in a hidden, cowardly fashion fits into that?

7. Why does he operate under at least six aliases in one tiny town?

8. He is welcome to join CBF at any time to explain himself, under his real name. He was banned in (I think) 2007 for pretending to be his own happy customer (he couldn't find a real one) and for abusive comments to other members of the forum. I'm not sure what cock and bull story he gave you.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 18:39:31 PM »
I can't wait for the reply !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 18:41:15 PM »
Me too, seems this guy is a really good conman, as he has fooled someone else.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 19:14:22 PM »
oooo'er this should be good!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 19:25:42 PM »
One more thing while we are in and around the subject of hiding identities and false names Peter

Why is your name Richard in your CBF profile?

Over to you, "Peter"...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf