Author Topic: depressed of Wiltshire!!  (Read 1695 times)

Offline angela

depressed of Wiltshire!!
« on: September 10, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
Having had 16 days of Calis,  we arrived home at 3 am, and were up at 6:30 to go back to work.  Dalaman was chaos last night queued for over an hour to check in, and then paid 14tl for a cup of coffee and a biccie!!
Forgot my glasses today so can't see my computer either, ho hum, I need a holiday.
Cheerful head on tomorrow!!
Oh and by the way Sevi Hotel is crappier than a crap thing on a crap day, more to follow on that one!!

Offline Bluwise

Re: depressed of Wiltshire!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 15:35:51 PM »
Oh dear, not having the best day then - you must be worn out after 3 hrs sleep too.
We are lucky enough to be here now but only a few days left and then a  long, long wait for the next hol.   Still - must count myself lucky as not everyone gets one holiday a year let alone two or three.
Tell us about Sevi...........

Offline angela

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 16:29:05 PM »
Very grubby breakfast area, dirty table cloths and staff who don't have a clue.
 Breakfast was from 8 am, and we arrived down about ten past one day,  to find every table waiting to be cleared, and the staff did nothing but look at it, when we said where shall we sit we got a shrug of the shoulders. There were rolls every day, kept in a plastic bag on top of the previous days stale bread. We had to ask for butter and milk most days, and no cold drinks available. the usual selection of cucumber and tomatoes, and pink 'meat' and plates of cheap cake.

On our middle weekend we went to Dalyan for three days, leaving on Friday saying to the reception staff we will see you on Monday, and we took an overnight bag with us, leaving the majority of our belongings in our room.
Unfortunately no one told the housekeeping staff, who  thought we had left for good, and so threw all our clothes clean and dirty, together with our toiletries into our suitcase.
They then obviously then panicked and tried to put it all back, and so I found some of my clean clothes in the bottom of the wardrobe with my shoes, and others in the case with dirty clothes.
We were concerned that they may have let our room to someone else while we were gone, and when questioned the lady on reception said yes, we did. when Kevin started to raise his voice she said no no I make joke!!
Kevin made his feelings known to the manager to no avail really.

I should point out that we didn't choose this place, we ended up there by default as the Dophin Beach became unavailable. I certainly would not go there again.

It was very noisy on the corner of the main road, with the horns blaring all night.  Dalyan was an oasis by comparison, but was  a very similarly priced hotel.

There was a swimming pool, which had a thick ring of green scum right round it, which didn't stop a group of Turkish people swimming at one in the morning. The 'outside pool bar' was used for storing rubbish.

On the plus side,

The room itself was nice, and a big comfy bed, nice clean towels and lots of hot water and free air con,
but, 
The shower tray was filthy, and on our last day water was coming through the bathroom ceiling from the room above.

It didn't spoil our holiday, we still had a great time, but certainly didn't look forward to coming back there at the end of a day sadly!

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 17:17:36 PM »
Sounds awful angela!  Glad it didn't spoil your holiday though.  I know when you are in a hotel you don't spend that much time in your room but it's nice to have somewhere clean and comfortable to go back to plus a good breakfast in the morning.  All things it sounds like you didn't get here!  :o

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 18:54:46 PM »
sorry to hear about your crap hotel ,there are nicer ones in calis don't let this hotel put you off  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 18:54:46 PM »
You should film things like uncleared breakfast tables, rubbish in pool bars and green around pools. They don't like that  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 22:28:29 PM »
Sorry to hear of your bad experiences at the Sevi, but your back in Wiltshire, are they still ducking witches?  ;)  ;)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 23:22:21 PM »
Ouch. Wouldn't have wanted to be working with you on your first day back, Angela.

Your hotel sounds very unpleasant indeed and warrants an honest Trip Advisor review.

When you have your own place Angela, you won't ever have to put up with such rubbish again.

Offline angela

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »
It would take more than that to put me off!!. The funny thing is I could live with the crap breakfast and the dirty tablecloths, and all the rest of it, I just hated the fact that my personal possessions had been sorted through and thrown around.

btw I don't think the ducking stool still is in use in these parts Mr Tickets, but as we are not far from Stonehenge there are lot of people around here I think would float quite nicely!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf