Author Topic: This year  (Read 1787 times)

Offline angela

This year
« on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:30 AM »
we have just booked our first trip of the year over Easter, and have stuck a pin in and decided to stay at the Anna aparts with  B&B. I imagine there are some mixed opinions about it, but I'd be interested to hear them

Offline Ray1951

Re: This year
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 13:54:46 PM »
Personally, d you could NOT pay me to stay there.  The smell of damp in my room was terrible.  There were some unsavoury people staying there when I was there and some expat local who frequented the bar shouting that the manager was running a brothel and sleeping around so, for me, NEVER again.  In fact I left early and went to another hotel.  I can recommend the Aymes which is reasonably priced, nearer the beach and restaurants and very clean and friendly with a lovely pool.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 14:51:09 PM »
I have never stayed there but can only direct you to Trip Advisor, which despite its critics, has for me always been pretty reliable. 24 people have reviewed it and 50% didn't rate it very much at all.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298031-d1828691-Reviews-Anna_Aparthotel-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Offline angela

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 14:58:15 PM »
we did look at trip advisor before we booked, and I thought it can't be worse than what we ended up with last year!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 15:09:02 PM »
Fair enough.

I still haven't booked anything for 21st Jan yet .... need a hotel in Fethiye. Think I may try for the Ece Saray.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 18:44:30 PM »
The Dolphin Beach was our favourite (until it closed) so you can tell that we are not 5 star holidaymakers !!!
Unbelievably the Anna was only £70 for 2 weeks B&B, but as long as it is clean and there is hot water I'm not really fussed.
We sleep and shower there and that's about it (and a Turkish breakfast is a Turkish breakfast)

Tripadvisor Sept 2013 review :-

Ate here several times very nice basic food, surroundings are quirky and there is a lovely traditional fire in the middle of the bar area. Lovely attentive staff and the rooms are basic but immaculate, a great base as situated on the road between Calis and Fethyie so ideal to either walk or catch the dolmus to both destinations.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf