Author Topic: No Hassle  (Read 22692 times)

Offline Ally B

No Hassle
« on: June 05, 2014, 20:24:28 PM »
Passed by the Calis Beach Indian restaurant twice today and it was closed.It seems they have been told to close for three days for hassling people to get them in.Apparently there are more restaurants to follow.Never thought it was that bad in Calis.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: No Hassle
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 21:28:38 PM »
Blimey if that is right you really, and I mean really, need to ask where the councils priorities lie, given that they cannot sort out the beach and the roads and area around the beach. :( :( :(

The only reason I doubt the authenticity of this story is that there is, I have been told, no hassling along the prom in Calis.  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 22:32:26 PM »
If memory serves 3 or more restaurants were closed some years ago for the very same thing.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 22:36:34 PM »
It's happened in Fethiye in the past too

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 23:50:43 PM »
And in Hisarönü and Ölüdeniz too. People don't like it. It puts them off and where they might have stopped to browse the menu they just walk past as quickly as possible so businesses often lose custom because of it.

I have been told many, many times by people that they take a walk the long way around to avoid restaurants and even whole streets where there is persistent hassling.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 05:51:22 AM »
Volkan was telling me the other night, they now have a 'white line' outside each restaurant they are not allowed to cross, bit like the technical area at a football match

Offline Ally B

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 06:55:36 AM »
It seems the council had a guy out with a camera filming what was going on.The restaurant people are not allowed to cross the red mono block line that runs outside their premises.

Offline hazel dorrington

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 06:57:45 AM »
I was in Serkul 1 restaurant a week ago when an official came in and had a word with all the staff. When I asked what was going on they were being reprimanded for this very reason although I certainly wouldn't t have called it hasseling, just friendly chat. Don't know why they picked on this restaurant as others nearby were standing much further out on the prom to encourage people to stop and look at their menus. I think a fine was threatened.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 07:24:27 AM »
That's Rushie out of a job then.  ;)  :)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 07:55:49 AM »
I have to agree with Nichola's post, in the past we've avoided those places that repeatedly hawk their food, restaurant or bar. Many times we would have stopped to read their menus and maybe give it a try if just left alone. It's very uncomfortable and a bit like emotional blackmail. It's daunting looking along the line of waiting predators when you're setting out to eat. Nobody wants to hurt their feelings but certainly they must loose out on many potential customers. I find it's been much better in the last couple of years.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf