Author Topic: No Hassle  (Read 22693 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: No Hassle
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 07:57:41 AM »
I'm really glad they are enforcing this rule, I would love to be able to browse a menu without some waiter rushing up and treating me like I can't read. Like Nichola says, places that do this loose more custom than they gain.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 08:14:45 AM »
Some friends were eating at the Calis Beach Indian Wednesday night their favourite place and the owner was telling them he had been closed by the Zabita for "hassling" customers. Closed Thurs. Fri. Sat.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 08:47:05 AM »
I too agree with both Nichola and Lotty I find it totally off putting to walk post places where someone wants to enter in to some kind of meaningless conversation or try to persuade you to enter their premises. This could be the best place to eat and drink in the world but nothing would get me through the door if this kind of thing happens.

We are based in Ovacik and the other week we took a stroll down the "strip" in H to see the inevitable changes and even walking in the middle of the road to stay as far away from those who's practice this kind of enticement is to get you in the door they still persist and what should have been a gentle stroll leaves me fuming, especially when the guy who 5 minutes ago wants to chat and I politely say no thanks tries again on the way back
>:( >:(

The sooner this spreads to all of the other areas the better as far as I am concerned   :)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:34:21 AM by teetee »

Offline scorcher

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
And if a genital stroll doesn't scare them off- what  to try next?

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »
Scorcher you may want to change your spelling of gentle! :-)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 09:04:44 AM »
Brianbern, I think he was referring to teetee's post   ;)

Offline scorcher

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »
 ;D

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
And if a genital stroll doesn't scare them off- what  to try next?

Duly edited, but if I did try this I am sure I would not have been pestered so much if at all  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 09:53:46 AM »
Hilarious! The mind boggles!!  ;D

Offline Christie

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »
To be honest we haven't felt hassled at all from any of the restaurants in Calis for years now, and we are always walking along the front and the other main road, as this is where we choose and enjoy eating.  It might be that we have been coming for so many years and they all know that if we want to go in we will.  We too went to Calis Beach Indian on Wednesday and enjoyed another lovely meal,  and were horrified to learn that they had been closed, because perhaps it was as a result of us actually walking up to Hulki just to say hallo and it could have looked as though he was talking to us rather than the other way around.  It is a shame when these restaurants are already struggling with a poor start to the season when this happens.  We have never been hassled by the people in Calis Beach they always stand in front of the restaurant and smile or nod.  Admittedly in the old days (14/15 years back) you were hassled by most puller inners and we used to take the back road to avoid them but this is certainly not the case now - not with us anyway.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf