Author Topic: No Hassle  (Read 22690 times)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: No Hassle
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 12:36:56 PM »
Just tell them you ate there last year, and it was crap.

Offline quackers

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 13:45:14 PM »
I too have no problems walkıng along Calıs Seafront. I am a local and they always have a chat but ıf I dont want to eat there I wıll say so ın a polıte way.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 13:58:45 PM »
We always thank them and say maybe tomorrow.. they are always very polite and say O.K. 

Offline joyandgary

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 16:10:32 PM »
I must say we were fed up of the guys in nearly all the restaurants but about 4 that didn't ask you to come and eat and drink , We started to get the dolmus to avoid em .
We did eat in the indian and the food was excellent , they didn't ask us to go in either .

The best bar we liked was where Emery worked  , think that is how you spell his name , I'm sure you'll know where i mean , its the one where nearly all the turkish use with big push back windows on the front .
They didn't hassle us once , great music , relaxing and lovely people .

But I must say the the sands / beach /shingles needed cleaning up , broken bottles fag ends , not good...... we won't be going back .

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2014, 17:01:30 PM »
Just tell them you ate there last year, and it was crap.
Blimey Tiggs, That means ive had crap meals for the last 5 years, oh well off to the meeting point again, now there is a real restaurant, sod the sunset,  ;) no dog poo, fag ends, beer bottles, just a full restaurant and great service, who needs a prom?  ;)  :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 19:04:50 PM »
Do you remember the pancake ladies being closed down for supposedly the same reason... 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 19:33:32 PM »
I'm with christie - I have never once felt hassled on Calis front. There's huge competition and those guys have to put bums on seats or lose their jobs - with that in mind I think they are incredibly restrained. A little chat and a bit of flannel won't ruin your evening, and can be quite funny  :)

I also believe that restaurants being shut down for hassling may not have been hassling. From previous experience that can be the reason given, jealousy and the other usual suspects can be the real root of the issue.

Offline maclarke1

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 19:47:13 PM »
Amazed if that's the reason they were closed, never felt hassled walking along the prom. They try and get you in - and why not - but as soon as you say "not interested" they leave you alone, unless things have changed this year.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 19:57:05 PM »
Never felt hassled on Calis prom or the main road.

Now in Albufeira, we felt hassled. Polite 'no's were often met with literally being chased down the street.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 20:02:11 PM »
Or Puerto Plata airport in the Dominican, where your first experience after leaving the airport is having your suitcase literally prised from your hand followed by a demand for $20 to carry it 20 metres to your tour bus for you. Or Marrakech, where guides literally fight over the opportunity to offer you a guided tour that you have no intention of taking in a million years. Or Marmaris...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf