Author Topic: No Hassle  (Read 22719 times)

Offline TeresaH

• Newly Registered
Re: No Hassle
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 21:43:22 PM »
I have to say after 2 weeks summer holiday last year I was relieved to not run the gauntlet as we called it ! Most of the restaurants on the seafront were very low key on front staff trying to get you to dine, but as you approached the taxi rank or canal bridge it was a more evasive approach! Why do you not visit our restaurant? Even after being quite firm and refusing politely they would still persist.I have been coming to Turkey over 25 years , yes there are places that are very persistent in other major resorts , why after seeing your face every night for 2 weeks do they not get the hint , that you will not be eating in that restaurant.I do not want to listen to the person sitting at the next table.nor do I want fish and chips,or to eat an Indian  meal while on holiday in Turkey.I;want turkish food! Turkish hospitality, Turkish customs,
.Is that too much to ask?

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 09:31:56 AM »
I'm amazed at all who claim never feeling hassled, are you really telling me that you can stop outside a restaurant on Calis Prom and read a menu board without some waiter being on you like a rash?

Apart from Bella Mammas which is full most nights, I've never seen it ?

Offline mac2010

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »
This never happens when you walk along the new Fethiye prom.We often check out the menus as we walk by and never has anyone tried to get us to go in.Can not say the same for calis front even if we walk right next to the grass verge they still call out to you.

Offline Trevor Smith

• trevor smith
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 21:37:30 PM »
We were there a few weeks ago, the usual banter with the lads, maybe tomorrow, no thanks etc etc. Until the last night of our hols, walking past one of the restaurants on the front, that has just changed hands again this year, one "waiter" called me over, " why do you not come in my restaurant?"  my polite reply was " we try to be fair and visit other places", his reply, "F**k off I don''t need your money F**k off, you're in my Turkey f**k off"
Needless to say, I will not be visiting any establishment he will be employed in.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 21:53:11 PM »
That's appalling to be spoken to like that.

i would speak to the restaurant owner and let them know about this employee's foul behaviour.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 21:59:48 PM »
My God, I've never heard anything like that. I was going to ask if you would name the restaurant, but as you say it has just changed hands it probably doesn't matter now.

Offline Trevor Smith

• trevor smith
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2014, 22:15:31 PM »
I don't wan't to name the restaurant because the problem is a particular individual, and not the restaurant.

Offline thebillet

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2014, 22:43:29 PM »
I am with Rimms on this one, no hassle means you can check the menu and look inside without being hassled.  Strolling along and being invited, however friendly it may be, to eat or drink and being expected to stop and answer even when clearly having a conversation with someone counts as hassle to me. We are local to Fethiye and stroll along Calis front regularly. There were a couple of restaurants that did this close to but not as I recall including the Indian recently. But my biggest bugbear of all is the Pelican in Fethiye, they never fail to tell me they have tea and coffee available, who would have thought it?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »
They don't seem to understand that while they're telling you what's on the menu while you're trying to read the menu it's the same as someone saying 2 4 6 11 while you're trying to count money.
Does my head in!

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2014, 07:48:05 AM »
It puts you off even looking at their menu, why don't they realise they must lose more customers than they gain by hassling them ? It's the same in the shops, I am much more likely to make a purchase if I'm 'allowed' to browse in peace !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf